VIDEO Destiny (Destiny 2 Announced!)

Discussion in 'Games' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Feb 20, 2013.

Moderators: MarcusP2, The2ndQuest
  1. Ulicus Lit'ari

Manager
    star 6
    I wasn't led to believe the TTK subclasses were gone, any more than gunslinger, striker and voidwalker are gone. All I took away from the stream was that Defender, Sunsinger and Bladedancer had been replaced.

Though I'm not sure arcstrider poledancer really qualifies as a replacement so much as an evolution, in the Hunter's case.
  2. Darth_Invidious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Guess this "poledancer" arc hunter thing is trending now. It'll suit my female hunter, I guess. But I wonder how many hunter bros will actively decide not to play with that class. :p

As for "evolution" of classes, now the Titan Fist of Panic has become FISTS of Panic, a roaming super where you can smash and shoulder charge repeatedly until the super's meter winds down. I wonder if the Golden Gun ad Nova Bomb have been tweaked as well.
  3. Mustafar_66 Jedi Master

star 5
    The rumours that it'll be coming to PC after console has made what platform to get it on a very easy choice. I was probably getting PS4 anyway, but that seals it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  4. DanielUK Force Ghost

star 6
    I watched Datto's thoughts on it and, well, I'm underwhelmed.

I'm curious to how the patrols will work, the maps didn't look too big. But, we will have to wait for the BETA to see more on that. Yet, as Datto has said, nothing too radical has changed; the basics are pretty much untouched and there hasn't drastic change to subject classes. I was hoping for a much larger skill tree, tbh.

The clan system is pretty much aimed at the PC community; it is a near copy to what you find in WoW.

Was really surprised to discover Trials is coming back. I just hope and pray the endgame is not the same; give us something new instead of just the nightfall and strikes. Rehashing the old European Dead Zone PVP map is just typical of Bungie; send us somewhere new on Earth, please. Io disturbingly look very similar to Venus as well. Please, for the love of God, don't give us reskins.

Destiny 2, to me, just seems like a massive expansion and not a sequel.
  5. Darth_Invidious Jedi Grand Master

star 6

I'd like to think that the European Dead Zone patrol zone will be a bit more beyond that one pvp map. At this point, seeing other Earth locales beside the Cosmodrome is most welcome. But it is perplexing that, as far as we know, they couldn't bundle more patrol zones per planet. I mean, I don't see why it can't be done. Another three years of seeing only the EDZ anytime we go to do Earth patrols would indeed be terribly disappointing.

I don't think the clan system/guided games matchmaking thing is more aimed at the PC community. After giving it some though, it is a more elegant solution to having nothing. But an actual scheduled lfg system akin to what the100.io currently hosts would've been very sweet.

As for Trials coming back, a 4-4 trials mode where folks won't use snipers, shotties or perhaps even double stickies as primary weapons...is interesting. I'd say even welcome. If the clan/guided games thing does take off, I might actually be less hesitant to dabble in Trials.
    Last edited by Darth_Invidious, May 19, 2017
  6. DanielUK Force Ghost

star 6
    There is a rumour Trials is going to be ranked seasonal gameplay.

I am looking forward to adventures, though. When it comes to MMO's, I just love going off an exploring - don't care for the raids.
  7. Darth_Invidious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I dearly hope the worlds will be large enough to warrant many, many hours of exploration and looting. Something like 4 Skyrims, each twice as large. Or at the very least, fashioned in a way that'll make me want to come back to each three years now even if at max light.
  8. Ulicus Lit'ari

Manager
    star 6
    I'm disappointed that it seems the VAs for the Guardian aren't returning. If the plot is, loosely, "get the band back together" -- with the band being Zavala, Ikora and Cayde -- it's going to fall a bit flat if we never interact with them, directly, and it's instead all just Ghost talking to them for us. Ala Saladin. God, that was handled so poorly.

But, then, I'm still kind of irritated this game doesn't have a dialog wheel. MOAR RPG ASPECTS PLZ.
    Darth_Invidious likes this.
  9. Darth_Invidious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yeah, it annoys me af that my Guardian stands there like a mute ******** while Nolanbot speaks for me with that annoying prissy voice of his. It's a Bungie trope that didn't sit well with me back in ODST and still doesn't now.
  10. Ulicus Lit'ari

Manager
    star 6
    It also draws attention to the fact we've never heard another Ghost speak in game. Which is another missed opportunity, it seems to me. You'd think Bungie would've made an effort to characterize the Ghosts of the Big Three, at least.
  11. Darth_Invidious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yeah, the big three. The Vanguard big shots. Why in the hell - powers or not - would they abandon the City and Earth to go gallivating across the system instead of, I don't know, staying home to make themselves useful by coordinating counter offensive action against Gary and co. or even leading refugees to safety? Yeah, reasons and whatever to make us explore the new patrol areas and whatnot but it all seems extremely contrived.
  12. Mustafar_66 Jedi Master

star 5
    I think I heard during the reveal that Cayde does actually try and be a hero but screws it up.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  13. JEDI-SOLO Jedi Master

star 5
    I'm certainly not a fan of this 4v4. I like my 6v6 IB and Control/Clash. Gonna take getting used to I feel.

On subclasses is it known if Defender, Sunsinger,&Nightstalker are even gone? Maybe the new ones are just an OR option. This still makes me super mad there is no 4th element. Why not intro Ice or something? The Titan is the only unique power here. The others are just copies of Hammer and Blade Dancer. Kinda lame.
  14. Darth_Invidious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Er, ice has nothing to do with light. All subclasses are always based around arc, solar and void light.

I think we have to start the game with all of the established subclasses. After Gary turns on his thingamabob and blocks the light of the Traveler, we'll lose access to the subclass powers and have to go to each location to regain access to the new and revamped subclasses. That'll be the campaign in a nutshell.
  15. JEDI-SOLO Jedi Master

star 5
    The rest of my sentence makes that irrelevant "or something". A 4th of take your pick would have been nice and atleast fresh rather then giving us copies.
  16. DanielUK Force Ghost

star 6
    I'm probably going in spoiler free. Want to be surprised especially when it comes to loot and new sub classes.
  17. DanielUK Force Ghost

star 6
    No dedicated servers. Hmm.
  18. Darth_Invidious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yeah, their weekly blog states some details regarding that. TBH, I've played in games with dedicated servers and the game will only be as good as the players internet connection. If I'm lagging, it's gonna be a miserable experience regardless.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk
Moderators: MarcusP2, The2ndQuest