I Bought Them All - the Figures, the Ships, even the LEGO! (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT, Sep 8, 2012.

Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
  1. Juke Skywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Made an early morning grocery run and found the first wave of the Black Series 40th anniversary wave @ Wal-Mart (all clogged on a single peg, no pallet display). After having passed on R2-D2 back in '13 and subsequently watching him skyrocket on the secondary market, I was over the moon to grab him here for $19.99. He has an immaculate paint deco too. I decided to pass on the other four figures for now, as I already have them from their initial releases, and Leia's much improved face sculpt aside, just didn't feel like shelling out another $80+ tax for four figures I already have just for the spiffy packaging. And it is spiffy.
  2. CT1138 Jedi Master

star 4
  3. cubman987 PT Book Club Host - PT Trivia Host

Game Host
    star 5
    Disney Store had their Elite Series figures on sale so I ordered the Darth Vader, he arrived today and is glorious.
  4. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    Postman just brought issue #172 of Insider.
    StarWarsFreak93 likes this.
  5. whiskers Jedi Master

star 4
    Planet Comicon haul left me with a Power of the Force Dark Empire Luke and a POTF Kyle Katarn. Also picked up a 40th Anniversary Luke. Saw Darth Plagueis there, but I didn't have the $90 to pick him up.
    whostheBossk and StarWarsFreak93 like this.
  6. StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Knight

star 4
    My Walmart got the 40th Black Series 6" in, only had Luke and Ben Kenobi. Already have Luke from the earlier release, so picked up Ben since I never snagged his prior release. Also have the two new novels Rebel Rising and Guardians of the Whills coming tomorrow!
    whiskers likes this.
  7. whiskers Jedi Master

star 4

I picked up Ben and Leia in the Revan wave when I had to order the entire case to get him, so all I'm looking for is a cheap Han and a Vader where I don't have to buy the whole kit (I heard an individual Vader will be in Wave 2)
    StarWarsFreak93 likes this.
  8. Darthmaul208 Jedi Master

star 5
    @whiskers

Vader won't be in Wave Two so if you want it in the TVC packaging you need to pick up the Legacy Kit. It should be released in the red/black regular boxes in the near future but some people don't believe that is the case.
    whiskers likes this.
  9. whiskers Jedi Master

star 4

Well, I'm certainly hoping for an individual Vader. I really don't feel like paying $20 extra for what I consider to be a little bit of cardboard.
    Darthmaul208 likes this.
  10. CT1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    Just bought this on Etsy. [face_love]
    [IMG]
  11. Juke Skywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Nice! What is that, a full sized prop replica?
    CT1138 likes this.
  12. CT1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yessir! The description says it's 501st approved, too, though there are a few inaccuracies I'll need to fix when I get it. Mostly painting the slide silver instead of it being flat black like the rest.
    Juke Skywalker likes this.
  13. Juke Skywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Excellent! Looks great. Is that going to be for display or cosplay?

I just won a vintage 15" Chewbacca. He's complete and looks great. That gives me Chewie, Han, Luke, Vader and Boba Fett for my vintage 12/15" collection.
    PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  14. CT1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    Display, mostly, but I won't be above picking it up and messing around with it.
    Juke Skywalker and whostheBossk like this.
  15. Jedi Daniel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I finally found and purchased a TPM Sio Bibble 3.75 figure, mint in packet for $20 AUD :D
  16. StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Knight

star 4
    Went to a Five Below that opened near me today, and wow, do they have some awesome SW stuff in there! Picked up an awesome Rogue One Empire shirt, some cool Kylo Ren/First Order socks, and found Resistance outfit Rey!!!
  17. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    Delivery man brought an Amazon UK order containing The Rescue, the final book in the SW Wild Space series.
    StarWarsFreak93 and Darthmaul208 like this.
  18. StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Knight

star 4
    Went to my Walmart and got the Cassian Andor Funko POP and got the Star Wars Rebels: The Rebellion Begins novel off Amazon.
  19. B99 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Bought Black Series 3.75' Leia and Finn yesterday. They were on rollback pretty good.. Could you plz get some new stuff Walmart...
  20. PadmeLeiaJaina Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I really want a Leia - but loathe going to Walmart
    Lady Belligerent likes this.
  21. B99 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Never been to a Walmart around here I like..
  22. Juke Skywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Wal-Marts are like dentists. Nobody wants to go, but sometimes you just have to :p. I saw the 40th anny Black Series Vader there this A.M., but just couldn't justify spending $40 for a figure and a piece of cardboard.
    B99 likes this.
  23. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    No Walmart near me but I wish the Entertainer and TRU would get something new. It was the same old stuff today.
  24. Darthmaul208 Jedi Master

star 5
    Well you may get your wish!

I was amazed to find TRU had cleared out every single 6" TBS figure that had pegwarmed since the original FF. Where they went is anyone's guess!

The Entertainer is also trying to clear stuff out and I found a 6" Jabba for half off. I may buy him if TRU has no new 40th figures in.
    B99 likes this.
  25. xyloren Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yeah they're definitely trying to lighten the shelves for TLJ. Even Disney has a lot of TFA and RO Elite Series things 50% off right now.
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT