1. A Warning For Everyone To See:

PT vs. OT vs. ST vs. Anthology (in any combination) debates are not allowed in the New Movies forums. Discussions that descend into OT/PT/ST/Anthology bashing/gushing will be subject to Mod action. Consider this your warning.

Han Solo Movie [Official Info] Star Wars Anthology: Han Solo - May 25, 2018

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Anthology - Spoilers Allowed' started by newdawn12, Dec 29, 2014.

1. HaloWithStyle Jedi Padawan

star 1
    I screamed like a frightened little girl when the camera panned to the alien.
  2. TheBBP Force Ghost

star 6

[IMG]
    11-4D and Avnar like this.
  3. AndrewPascoe Jedi Knight

star 3
  4. Siphonophore Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Maybe his name is Ix-Yees.

Great design. I like the jacket. Some great emotion they're able to get out of this guy.
  5. Dominick1216 Jedi Knight

Does Han have a definite age in canon? I remember him being 10 years older than Luke and Leia in Legends. Just trying to come up with how many years this takes place before ANH.
  6. Avnar Jedi Master

star 4
    The rumour is that it is set about 10 years prior to ANH isn't it...? Some sections will be Han slightly younger (like Jyn Erso)
    Last edited by Avnar, Apr 19, 2017
    Mostly Handless likes this.
  7. Dominick1216 Jedi Knight

Yeah, I remember that rumor. So, the movie will be mostly take place when he's 24, but will probably begin when he's 18?
  8. Darth_Hydra Jedi Master

star 4

I found this This Article that says it'll cover Han's life from ages 18-24. If he's 30 in ANH this movie would start approximately 12BBY or 8 years after ROTS.
  9. GregMcP Jedi Master

star 4
    I'd like it to end 10 minutes before Star Wars, just like Rogue.

Han sitting in the Cantina, having a slow drink, pondering what he is going to do about Jabba, and he looks up to see an old man in a bath robe walking towards him.
    Last edited by GregMcP, Apr 20, 2017
  10. DemonKingBalor32 Jedi Youngling

star 2
  11. GregMcP Jedi Master

star 4
    I like the idea of starting the movie with young Han as a care free Mowgli in the jungle. Swinging on vines, singing "Look for the Bare Necessities..."
    PCCViking likes this.
  12. ladygrey45 Jedi Knight

star 3
    this is the one I'm least excited for honestly not to be negative like where do you guys think the story will go?
  13. Avnar Jedi Master

star 4
    Me too... But that's what will be so cool if it's good! I felt that way about RO and it was better (imo) that every SW film since the OT [face_peace]
    Artoo-Dion likes this.
  14. Jonipoon Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't think so. They'll probably leave it open and have the movie end a couple of years prior to ANH, since they'd definitely want to do a sequel in case this one is very successful.
    ladygrey45 likes this.
  15. theForceChangesYou Jedi Youngling

This is the worst idea for a Star Wars movie, ever. George would have never gone this route.

This is another horrible idea, as was Rogue One.

Just adding my 2 cents.
  16. Artoo-Dion New Films Manager

Manager
    star 5
    You mean the same George who was planning on delving into how Han won the Falcon, etc. in a TV series?
  17. theForceChangesYou Jedi Youngling

Tv series is fine. Not the movies. George stated his movies and those than he had planned were about family and generations etc. These spin-off movies are a waste of time and just cash grabs. Actually, Rogue One as part of a Star Wars tv series, would've worked great.
  18. ladygrey45 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I liked Rouge one I wish we got a lil more with Jyns character but yeah I think if this movie is awesome I'm going to be pleasantly surprised I trust disney and LF its just the story is like eh right now, but I do like all the actors as well too.
  19. Artoo-Dion New Films Manager

Manager
    star 5
    Knoll initially pitched R1 as part of the same TV series, believe it or not.

But during the sale, Lucas handed to Kathleen Kennedy ideas for a sequel trilogy and a set of spinoffs. Indeed, when he was planning 12 movies in the late '70s, they included three spinoff films, such as a film about Wookiees. (That latter idea ended up becoming the Holiday Special.)

In short, the idea of spinoff films was George's, and it dates all the way back to the immediate wake of the original Star Wars. This is all from him.
  20. smudger9 Jedi Master

star 4
    This argument really annoys me. Most movies are cash grabs.... its a money-making industry.

Would you rather go back to pre-Disney days with no movies? To me one new movie every 12 months is a dream come true.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  21. PymParticles Force Ghost

star 5
    That's hilarious because it was literally his idea. All the standalone films apart from Rogue One are directly from Lucas. Lawrence Kasdan was brought on to start the script for this movie by Lucas and Kennedy before the Disney sale even happened. I think Kasdan was apparently as shocked by the Disney/Lucasfilm news as the rest of us were.
    Darth Nave and Mostly Handless like this.
  22. Avnar Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't understand this point of view... Every film wants to make money! I guess another thing I don't understand is people that talk about "Fan service" um...er...what's wrong with wanting to keep your fan base happy?? [face_dunno]
    Last edited by Avnar, Apr 21, 2017
    Mostly Handless and redxavier like this.
  23. 11-4D Jedi Master

star 4
    This movie was George's idea, dude [face_laugh]
  24. Krueger Force Ghost

star 5
    lol
  25. PymParticles Force Ghost

star 5
    It's a testament to the cast and crew that's been put together for this film, and everything the people involved have said about its overall approach, that I'm looking forward to it even more than The Last Jedi. There's a Star Wars: Episode VIII being released eight months from now, the middle film in a trilogy I've wanted since I was four years old, following up a movie I absolutely adored that was filled with brand new characters I fell in love with instantly, and it's being written and directed by Rian "Actual Genius" Johnson and promises to be "weird" and "different" in its content and approach. And, despite all of that and how insanely and ridiculously excited I am for that film, I'm somehow even more excited for a movie I actively didn't want made just two years ago. Crazy.
    Last edited by PymParticles, Apr 21, 2017