Policy Official Username Change Request Policy

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Ewok Poet Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Somebody changed the username with the words "is GOAT" in it? WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT? Everygoat is a goat. :(

Sometimes, I lose my faith in humanity. *grumble*

:p
    Seagoat likes this.
  2. wookiebusiness Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I would like to simply add an "e" to my username.

wookieebusiness

Currently I just have one "e" and that is wrong, just wrong. 2 e's on wookiee, you know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Anakin.Skywalker likes this.
  3. Anthony Devoe Jedi Youngling

please change my name to SantaHelper

was this my mistake not reading everything in registration or is everyone's name used at the start
  4. jcgoble3 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Did you register via Facebook? I believe registering your account via Facebook causes your real name (as shown on Facebook) to become your username. It's better to register a normal, non-Facebook account with your screen name of choice, and then subsequently connect it to Facebook if you prefer to log in that way, as doing it that way will let you keep your chosen screen name.
    Last edited by jcgoble3, Apr 21, 2017 at 10:12 PM
  5. Anthony Devoe Jedi Youngling

I actually registered normally. Im thinking I didnt read everything correctly
  6. Anthony Devoe Jedi Youngling

come on pls hurry up a bit

I want to start posting but im currently in a name predicament you guys
  7. jcgoble3 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Name changes result in heavy load to the servers, so they are typically done in batches once a month or so when traffic on the boards is slow. @JoinTheSchwarz typically handles them, so he can give you more specific info, but in general, there is no guaranteed turnaround time. Sometimes requests can take a couple of months to fulfill.

Also, if you wish to fully disassociate your account from your real name, you are better off abandoning this account and creating a new one from scratch, as a username change results in a permanent record of the change, including the original name, being displayed on your profile for all to see.
  8. Anthony Devoe Jedi Youngling

okay thank you :)
    jcgoble3 likes this.