Story Star Trek Medical mayhem, prompt challenge

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Jan 9, 2016.

Moderators: Mira_Jade
  1. earlybird-obi-wan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    and more of this in the next one

Trial and error

Nick had a twinkle in his eyes when he saw the trainees finally landing their boats on the beach. They had been at it all morning, going through the surf and coming back, mostly dumped from the boat, with only two or three hanging on to the ropes. Now after some words from the instructors – Nick and Kyle included – they were learning through trial and error.

“Sirs, lunch-time! But first…”

The instructor let the rest unsaid when he saw the trainees lifting their boats and marching of towards the building. Boat-lifting had been a lesson of trial and error two days ago and now they had mastered it.
  2. Sith-I-5 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Trial and Error - well, that certainly covers that prompt.

Lucky that hernias are dealt with so easily in the Twenty Whatever century.
    earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  3. earlybird-obi-wan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    and some nice instructors learning them how to keep their bodies in shape and injury-free

Squabble
    “That Scotty and Spock could squabble over a misalignment of the dilithium crystals is hilarious,” Kyle laughed when he started the old recording.

“They did,” Nick nodded his head vigorous “and if the captain hadn’t come up with an emergency they could have going over the discussion again from the beginning with even more banging and tapping on desks and pipes and Jeffries-tubes. It’s about the same we observed when those two trainees – with a degree in engineering and now absent after DOR – had an argument with their boat-crews.”

“Those two,” Kyle grumbled. “They pushed me almost to the limit and senior instructor Davies was the one to have the entire group doing an extra hour of log-PT, ending that discussion immediately. One thing,” he paused briefly stroking his hair “I hope those two will continue what they were doing before coming here. That way they will end up as engineers on one of the ships. Yes,” and with that he began to grin mischievous “I will advise Davies to give them a recommendation note for the Enterprise.”

“And Spock or Scotty will have a supporter of their theory,” Nick began to laugh.
    Sith-I-5 likes this.
  4. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 5
    [face_laugh][face_laugh] Because Spock and Scotty would - the geeks! :p

This was another fun response to the prompt. =D=
  5. earlybird-obi-wan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    They would indeed as shown in the next one

Sequence

“Laddy, you first have to put the dilithium crystal in the matrix. After that you align it with the others present and the final part is the fine-tuning.”
    “But Mr. Scott I told you. It is logical to search first…”

“Now yer sounding again like that green blooded hobgoblin with his elfin ears.”

“Don’t insult my teacher. Yes, he has those nice elfin ears and I doubt you have ever read the marvelous books of Tolkien where the elves play an important part.”

“Of course I did. Tolkien was a great Scott and…”

“Scott. No Mr Scott and…”

“I told you it would be fun,” Kyle halted the recording. “Look at that. Davies managed to get them to the Enterprise. Our DOR is a staunch supporter of Mr. Spock.”

“And Tolkien hmmm,” Nick began to rummage in a cabinet. “We can watch this.”

“The extended version?”

“Yes, we have two days to spend before the ladies are back from their shopping.”

“Getting shoes, skirts, blouses, coats and underwear,” Kyle made himself comfortable on the couch.

“Yeah that will be the sequence but I think they will begin with the underwear,” Nick put the first disk in the player.
  6. earlybird-obi-wan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Turn back

A pair of swimmers was in the bay and had passed the buoy.

“Turn back,” Nick was shouting. And getting no response – they must have failed to notice the buoy – he steered the boat towards the two.

A wave – produced by the boat – had one of them looking up.

“Turn back or,” Nick had a concerned look on his face “get in the boat. You have passed the test.”

“Thanks instructor Roberts,” one of the trainees whispered after sitting down on the bench.
  7. Sith-I-5 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Sequence and Turn Back were both good stories; I particularly like how you managed to fit the second prompt into a compact little package.

Nice touch with Scotty saying Tolkein was a Scot. I always only remembered Chekov saying people were Russian, but Scotty did that stuff too, didn't he?
Moderators: Mira_Jade