Star Wars The Shado Varmiri

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Darth_Elu, Mar 5, 2017.

Moderators: Penguinator, Sinrebirth
  1. Dioskouros Jedi Youngling

    Member Since:
    Mar 16, 2017
    Past

    ~Karetoki Village, Rattatak~


    The Death Trooper readied-to as the High Inquisitor and his attaché walked into the covered alley. Four elite Novatroopers guarded it, assisted by a techno-cloaked probe droid.
    The targets had skillfully eluded the Shadow Stormtrooper commando tasked with tracking them through Rattatak, so the High Inquisitor had just stepped into the op as final measure. The commando Lead hadn't been disciplined only due to the two target's superior skill--clearly thanks to The Force, that was.

    He never took chances, minimizing risk to the very lowest of surgically-set percentages, maximizing--and effecting--Success. Always.
    It was one of his many drives.

    He'd never failed.

    So as they came into the alley, in a fraction of a second he masterfully Force-chopped his 'attaché' on the lower back of her head; unconscious, she fell onto the Death Trooper's arms. The Death Trooper immediately extracted her, accessing the building due south, toward their op's hidden FCC, where the central probe coordinated, guarded by the rest of the Novatrooper elite detail.

    Yperion's inescapable perimeter was ready: he approached the village's main street from the south, pushing north;
    5 Shadow Stormtroopers and a probe droid, all technocloaked, covered the far north end of the street, and its east and west sides, led by 3 Death Troopers on each position in a 550-meter tactical wrap. They were dug in, and ready.

    [10 Death Troopers, 15 Shadow Stormtroopers, 5 prototype DRK-1 Dark Eye probe droids, 20 Novatroopers total]


    How he Enjoyed the Hunt. These two were his prey now,
    There was no escape.

    He'd only to use Force Track of Force sense to find them--that or activating one of his multiple scanners--yet, he had a flair for encounters.

    He considered the dealing of Death to be an Art form.
    They would die, in Time, and Beauty.
    He'd also a taste for conversation, after all.


    Techno-cloaking himself, and using his adored Spell of Concealment (a masterful, Sith Magic form of Art of the Small/Force Cloak),
    he walked back out the street, completely invisible to technology, life, and Force,
    and reaching the very center of the street,
    he placed his beloved seismic pulse cube--a prototype, adjustable Seismic charge made of Phrik that would, as soon as he activated it, cut all standing humanoid adults in half, and halve the foundation of all buildings like butter, crashing and destroying all within a 500-meter radius.

    The two Force-sensitives would have to make quite the impressive, most impressive Force jump to escape the deadly, all-encompassing blast-wave/disk indeed.


    So he activated it, the very epicenter of Destruction, as he Force levitated high up, in full search of his quarry

    500m2 of Shattering Death



    Tag: @Darth_Elu

    Last edited by Dioskouros, Apr 18, 2017
    Darth_Elu likes this.
  2. spacelady Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Mar 16, 2003
    star 5
    IC as Veira Rynn

    And so the ship, itself, was decided upon. She nodded in approval along with many others in the group. But when it came to the colors, the T'surr Prime inquired more about them. Wondering where they could meet and why such colors were so important. Wasn't that obvious? Her companion of the order didn't seem to mind the discussion when it came to opposing opinions. He seemed easy-going and friendly enough, although he took her colors a little wrong... In her mind.

    "I see what you did there." Amir started, looking toward Veira. "Gold is simply yellow with a metallic nature, which is more than acceptable to me, since Red is basically Copper without a metallic component. Our durasteel tenacity is still represented either way, and the core meaning of who we are still resonates in the colors chosen by our very own Ace." He then offered a friendly wink, going on to explain that it didn't truly matter to him, as long as they could all agree upon these decisions as a family.

    She squinted at him and at his statement. True, but... We have to look good while serving behinds on platters. It DOES matter!

    Amir seemed to think of something before finishing his piece. "Oh, yeah. But definitely no lime green. We'd be easy targets." He chuckled good-naturedly.

    "Hpmh, well I second that statement. But, as for your question, copper is just... dirty looking." She made a face, true to her Hapan roots. "I guess Amir has a point... It doesn't... really matter in the end..." I guess... She waited a brief moment before, "So, black, gold, and red, yes?" Veira offered a big grin to everyone in the room, hoping a nice smile would help sway those undecided to her cause. There wasn't any arguments against her choice, but she wanted everyone's support. Make her "win" that much more enjoyable!

    Tag: @Darth_Elu and @greyjedi125
  3. Dioskouros Jedi Youngling

    Member Since:
    Mar 16, 2017
    Present

    ~Main Courtyard, Shado Temple, Odessen~

    While these two Ravagers settled for defense, Elda's form vanished--she was already past those two, as well as the other two who were fighting Dervishes--she now pressed her pace toward the last two Ravagers ahead, suddenly joined by the Dervish that had just wished her "luck", stepping out of Stealth--time for some Swordplay--skipping all salutation now, she charged



    ~Rethgarion Jungles, Odessen~

    The fully silent, techno-cloaked probes began their perimeter set-up,
    a square mile now, four-pointed, a droid at each, with the last one cloaked among the center of the group--they would pick up anything and everything.


    'To be patient in defense was to be safe yet possibly indecisive at a crossroads of a flowing river. To be active in offense was tactical yet one sometimes met their destiny on the road to avoid it.'


    Leaning on the teachings of the Worthy Seeker, he acted:

    Fully cloaked as he was, he first-thing quickly scaled a tree using Enhanced Agility and Cathar-like skill, and neutralized the black feline with a 50-meter shot of his Gauntlet Dartcaster; before the fully-sedated predator fell to the jungle floor, he caught it via skillfull use of his Whipcord launcher and Jetpack. He immediately let group security know, in case anyone wanted to take a look at it, keep it, or more.. He left it wrapped in Flexisteel binding wire (reinforced with Plasma cable tech)

    He didn't know about the dark purple flowers, so he headed back toward the group, aside the Ambassador, letting go of both cloaks; he swiftly enacted his scanners, a fair distance as the group was from the plants, and if they detected any toxins, extra tissue for retractable limbs/roots, hardened bone or matter in the form of spikes or needles--or anything of note, he'd blast/cut them all down in a matter of seconds--his Beskad wakizashi already telekinetically flew outside the left of the group, his Songsteel Discblade to the right, in preparation.

    As far as the underfoot yellow-green moss--which preoccupied him the most--he speedily took a sample to be inspected by his Biochem synthesizer, as he told group security via comms, and the Ambassador & his Mentor via Telepathy, of it;


    -Ambassador, as I quickly inspect this possible threat, would you be so kind to grab onto my back--you see, my boots have Repulsorlift technology--we will be hovering above this undergrowth safely-said Vertumnus with a Kind, Reassuring smile


    Tag: @Darth_Elu
    Last edited by Dioskouros, Apr 19, 2017
    Darth_Elu likes this.
  4. Mitth_Fisto Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Sep 29, 2005
    star 6
    IC: Ran

    ~Gon-Ba Forest, Odessen~

    Yoree'na listened as her yuzzem adherent replied in a grumble to her previous question as they waited to enter the forest before them. The twi'lek smiled knowingly at him before gazing ahead again, a thoughtful expression present.

    Hurra mewed softly, to which she patted him again.

    "Go in as you are, Ran. Do not presume, do not expect. Empty yourself and take in the forest as if you are a cup and it is the water."

    Hearing this from his mentor was a bit odd, he had heard such jabber from the Kel Dor's before, but his mentor? To say it disquieted his emotions even more was a bit of a understatement. Still he tried to breath deep through his nose and stare at the forest for a moment, and then he had brief thought that made him grin as well. That's no water, that's caf!

    Up ahead, Ataya finally moved ahead and gestured to all for their attention. She then spoke before the yuzzem could reply to his teacher. Although honestly he wasn't sure what he was going say, whether his thoughts or something else that might of came to him as he opened his mouth.

    "It is time we proceeded into Gon-Ba Forest! We will do so in pairs. Mentor and Adherent. When you approach its edge, do not be surprised if instinct calls upon you to act in any certain way. It is up to you as individuals whether to obey or resist the Forest's call. It may be manipulation. Or it may be aid."

    Wonderful. So listen and it may be trying to kill him, or listen and it may be trying to save him. Just wonderful. At least this was something he was used to, Shado Varmiri were not about the black and the white, but seeing the possibilities of the whole. Why should the forest be any different from them?

    The Dathomiri woman suddenly levitated a few feet off the air and motioned toward the dark greenery behind her. "This training's objective is simple. In the center of the Forest is a small collection of flags, one for each pair. Simply retrieve it and return. If you think that sounds deceptively easy…

    "Brave Gon-Ba and find out."

    That was fraggin cool. He had to admit that to himself as he chuffed lightly in appreciation. It definitely sparked in interest in him of how exactly that was done, and could he do it? That was a question and a curiosity for another time though, instead he tried to be the cup as he watched those ahead of them entering the forest as he moved into place in line with his Mentor.

    Every minute a pairing was allowed into the forest. Ran and Yoree'na were in the middle. Some walked into the Forest. Others ran. Only one duo walked a few steps in and then began to climb further onward, much like he had felt like doing a moment ago. Two pairs actually began to attempt a circumventing of the forest to some point the main group lost track of.

    Soon enough it was their turn.

    Mentor Na stared straight ahead, letting her pupil's instincts guide them initially and gave her final bit of advice at the start. "Above all else, Ran. Remember this. You are not alone."

    She looked at him solemnly….

    …then came that damnable grin. "Or you could go it alone if you really wanted to. I could use some entertainment."

    There was the usual Mentor Na that he knew. At least she wasn't going to act uncharacteristically the whole time.

    Mentor Ataya approached by a single step, having lowered back down from levitation.

    "Whenever you are ready, Yoree'na. Randalpho."

    Well he would be ready if his mentor wasn't speaking to him in quips, but with a sighing growl he felt a tapping at his back plate. Grish was always a gentle reminder, but a pointed one. Namely the scraping of his poison barb tipped tail rubbing across Ran's armor. For something that was only a couple feet long he had found a contemporary in the little fellow, a term that often got him shown a mouth of spiky sharp teeth, the reminder in the report was clear. Not alone. Never alone. Not anymore for neither of them. Walking forward into the forest his instincts seemed to cry out to climb, but he walked on and expected fully his Mentor to do the same.

    The gentle lope to his form that was his limp as he stepped over a root was enough to spark a thought, "It is better to walk. I may want to climb, but that is merely the call of what could be, what once was, not what should."

    Tag: @Darth_Elu
    Dioskouros and Darth_Elu like this.
  5. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

    Member Since:
    Apr 13, 2001
    star 7
    IC: Valieri Eross
    Salis D'aar, Bakura

    3:15 p.m. Local Time

    A cool breeze funneled its way down the industrialized street, offering a brief reprieve from the never-ending bustle of Salis D’aar’s middle district. Valieri – or Val, for short – tilted her head back and closed her eyes as she allowed the current to wash over her. It provided a sense of clarity as she breathed in and felt the rejuvenating flow of the Force riding in its wake. She parted her lips and sighed with contentment.

    She had come a long way since her days in the Republic and the long, and perilous journey that had followed. Her decision to leave her duty behind to seek self-enlightenment had taken its toll on more than her physical prowess. It had worn her down mentally, and even now, she found that she struggled in situations that required her to immerse herself in large crowds and interact with the relentless masses.

    For a fleeting second, she was back on Firrerre, the oppressive crowds pushing against her, making it hard to breathe…suffocating her. They would have crushed her will as well if not for…

    A slight wince crossed her features, the only visible sign that she was ailing, but just as quickly as it had swept over her, it was gone. She knew the mission to Bakura would be a challenge, but she would find her path. Endurance would forever be her strong suit.

    Now refreshed after having found serenity through the Force, Val opened her eyes and took stock of the others selected to accompany her on this leg of the journey: there was the Essence Prime and her three bodyguards, a Kel Dor, another human female and fives others she did not immediately recognize. Overall, they were a capable bunch, particularly with a high leader among them, but she couldn’t shake the feeling that something – or someone – was missing.

    Gav. She longed for Gav.

    While her formal mentor had accompanied them to the planet, he was later assigned to a different team. It was a shame; they could have used some of his insight…

    Damn it all to hell! Now is not the time to get sentimental…

    She could not afford to have her personal feelings cloud her judgement, not at this juncture; too much hung in the balance. Instead, she sought the company of the others, zeroing in on an idle conversation between the Kel Dor and his Potential-level pupil. Perhaps that would provide some much-needed guidance.

    "Take special note of us being selected as part of Prime Sorkas' group," the older man was saying. "Certainly, it means we are to be on the particular hunt for alchemical products here in the commercial district. What else would you say it means?"

    Her brow rose with curiosity as she brushed her hair over her shoulder, the action allowing her to observe the duo out of her peripheral vision. While the quest for alchemical elements had crossed her mind, it did not entirely fit with the narrative they were trying to tell. Something felt…off.

    "After giving me your opinion, why don't you ask another for their viewpoint as well as any advice in procurement. It could prove enlightening."

    A grimace darkened her countenance as she angled her chin down and caught the Kel Dor's gaze. Oh, he wouldn't...would he?

    The man nodded, confirming her suspicions with a playful glint in his eye.

    Damn him...

    "I assume we are required in these numbers as there is a risk," the other woman spoke with an air of discernment. Val also detected a hint of negativity to her reply, but she bit her lip and allowed her to finish. If she was to offer her own insight, then she would do her best to remain attentive. "But I am happy to be wrong. What do you think we are all here for?"

    Again, Val exchanged glances with the Kel Dor; the ball was now in her court. That wouldn't ordinarily be a problem, except…she was struggling to find the answers herself. What was the nature of their visit?

    She cleared her throat and decided to wing it. "You refer to our numbers as a form of protection, and yet, we are causing unrest," she noted solemnly, her eyes sweeping the marketplace warily. She paused briefly on Az'ain, no doubt making reference to his rather alien-like respirator and visage. The locals were not accustomed to someone so…exotic.

    "Our goal is not about stealth," she continued, inhaling deeply as she turned to regard the other woman. "In fact, I'd make a wager and say that this is more than a simple hunt for natural elements. I am no alchemist, and my presence alone suggests something more…elaborate."

    A smile danced playfully over her features. "But I do not wish to be too presumptuous…as always, we must remain mindful."

    Her smile waned ever so slightly as her thoughts returned to Firrerre…


    * * *

    Greengarde, Firrerre

    3 ABY

    Utter chaos. There was no other way to describe the scene unfolding before them on the fringes of Greengarde. The Empire, either by pure luck or some other form of divine intervention, had found them and decided to launch a planet-wide assault. With limited resources and nothing more than a fledging military, their hopes of conducting a counter offense had been bleak; they had no other choice but to evacuate. Panic and bedlam soon ensued as beings of all shapes and sizes were forced to make their way to the Varmiri Military Base for transferral.

    Val had one simple task through it all – assist the people and make sure that they made it to their destination in a safe and orderly fashion. As an Emissary in training, it sounded simple enough; but perhaps she made the mistake of being a little too overconfident in her abilities. Now that she was on the ground, it was…intoxicating, and she quickly found herself overwhelmed by the sheer number scrambling for safety.

    She tried to raise her voice to shout over the din, but found that it was useless. The only way to achieve her desired goal was to enhance her voice with the Force, perhaps even reach out to the frightened citizens to offer them a sense of calm. She needed order, after all! And yet, that idea had been met with a durasteel barrier. They were not to use the Force, not even for something so menial as amplifying one's voice. She would grudgingly obey, of course, but not without a few choice expletives.

    And so, she found herself at the whims of the crowd, ebbing and flowing as they pushed against her. It wasn't long before a sense of hopeless began to set in…

    With that hopelessness, her mind began to wander…

    Gav…where are you? Are you safe?

    A quick lapse in concentration was all it took for her to succumb to the pressure around her. Someone jarred her shoulder hard as they passed, and the world began to tumble…

    She was falling.

    TAG: @Darth_Elu; @Sinrebirth
    Dioskouros and Darth_Elu like this.
  6. Darth_Elu Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Jan 2, 2003
    star 6
    OOC: I whole-heartedly apologize for the delay!

    And of course, here is the Shado Varmiri Theme again to help immersion into your scenes.


    Battle of Firrerre

    ~The Howling Forests, Firrerre~

    The armored keshiri, whose purple skin only barely showed due to it, watched as his adherent spoke up first. The response was within the realm of expected replies. For many of the Shado Varmiri.

    "I don't understand it, Mentor! How can they expect us to win this fight by ordering us not to use Force Powers or Lightsabers? How can we have victory if our hands are tied and our eyes blindfolded!? The very tools of our triumph forbidden!?"

    Amir's anger was apparent, hide it though he tried. A mentor knew his adherent no matter how long or short the time they spent together, so long as a bond was forged. And bond had indeed been forged betwixt them.

    He waited calmly as the younger man tried to steady himself, trying to find foundation in logic and faith amidst his emotions in turmoil.

    "You're right Mentor. I shall meditate on the code and clear my mind for the upcoming battle. We must be focused and unified in our purpose."

    He nodded succinctly. "Good. Center yourself while you have the time. As for our 'tools of triumph'? For lightsabers, you forget whom you have studied with these past few years."

    Mentor Feerrum grinned behind his helm, his eyes the steel that matched the large vibro-sword that he pulled out to show for emphasis, its blade reflecting what sunlight pierced through pockets in the trees. Valens Feerrum was a Varmiri Phalanx who opted to not use a lightsaber as a personal preference, enjoying the feel of a 'real sword.'

    "I need time." Ran spoke up. "I need years."

    This yuzzem was insightful in a way that hurt himself, but it was an astute observation when confronting life and death that needed to be made.

    "Best to feel the pain of truth than feel safe behind the lie. There is no more time before the storm, there is only now. What is more important, though I feel your pain well, is that you spare that specific truth from all those who are unable to fight for themselves. You will find the years. Just not in the way you thought."

    He gave a soft smile, though it may not be readily apparent. His eyes betrayed the softness around them however. But there was yet one more thing to address from his adherent. That of the Force. This answer applied to them both.

    "We may not be able to use the Force in combat. But remember this," his eyes bore straight into his adherent and then Ran as well so they understood. "The Force may yet use us. There are restrictions, but there are no limits. When the time comes," he paused again due to a large bounce, "let yourself be guided. There are barriers, but no obstacles. There is only the Truth of the Force."

    Turning to face ahead for a moment to mark their progress, he gave an idle nod. "We will be out of the forest soon. From there, it will be a mad dash to the target I imagine."

    Tag: @greyjedi125 @Mitth_Fisto

    ~First Defense Line near the Grand Falls, Firrerre~

    Even now. Even here. The student of Mentor Votrek gave a wry smile. It was such a simple act and it didn't even need to be mired in warmth. The very fact that she could even fake a smile in any form, said much.

    An inner fire. A strength that flickered between playful warmth to battle intensity without wavering. Yes. This was what had drawn him to her when he had picked her for his student a year ago.

    "Of course I am." She fired a few shots and crouched back down to avoid return fire. "Are we having fun yet?"

    How hard she tried to keep up that demeanor. How she always, always tried to ease those around her while hiding her own discomfort. Tazula was a gem of a student in his opinion.

    "Well," he replied just enough to hear over the chaos of battle before standing up for a few shots himself and then crouching as well, "Lets just say we're not quite at normal 'Terrific Taungsday' level. But if you're having fun, I could let you enjoy it all if you wish, my adherent!"

    Numar flashed a grin and rose up again, firing a few shots while holding out his left hand to his side without even looking to catch a tossed thermal detonator from General Fourd, where he then proceeded to activate it and toss toward a large concentration of stormtroopers. The force enhanced throw was subtle enough to appear like a lucky toss, he'd make sure to wait before trying that again however.

    BOOM!

    His eyes took in the AT-AT Walkers still on the horizon as he ducked down again. "We have about five Imperials coming up quickly to your right, about ready to overrun us there. Move down and assist our fellow Varmiri down there, please? I'll be right there, naturally."

    And be safe.

    Tag: @Ktala (You have freedom to control the Varmiri already fighting there and the Imperial soldiers trying to overrun, if you wish)

    ~Shado Temple, Firrerre~

    Lylithe approached with a little hesitance, but only a little. The Kel Dor Prime noted her level of bravery for one who had just arrived so recently to them.

    "Sir?"

    Still respectful in a situation like this as well. A time when many polite individuals would unintentionally lose themselves. This bode well for her, now if only he could get the young woman to live to reach the potential he saw swirling in her heart. If only he could get them all to live.

    But the Force had its plans and it was as merciless as it was merciful in how they were enacted. As the most powerful Diviner within the Shado Varmiri as well as the original Baran Do Sages that had assimilated and formed the order, he knew this well.

    Her eyes seemed expectant of something, though they did not flinch. His met her gaze equally.

    "I need your help, but I know you are very new to us. I am saddened by the timing of these attacks, but before I can help you get in place for the greatest chance of survival I need to know what skills or training you currently possess?"

    There had been some documentation when she had arrived and discussed with those who had met with her, but Prime Borrn hadn't been able to read them before this all fell out. Had the Empire never arrived, it was quite likely he would be going over the information right then in a quiet place within the Temple.

    The Irony was not lost to him.

    Tag: @Sinrebirth

    ~Base of Udarir Mountain, Firrerre~

    They continued to hunker down as blaster shots were raging all over the place. All of those present could only briefly wonder if Prime Soryas managed to escape or if she was in trouble. It was so hard to tell with the panic in the air. Her presence was still felt, but her status? Impossible to know.

    "Come on, come on…" the dowutin mumbled to himself, clearly waiting for that opening he was hoping for.

    "I…I can't take it any more! I'm running!" screeched the young togruta woman with them.

    The Mentor with them swiveled his head toward her. "NO! DON'T!"

    She was up and taking off, in a desperate bid to race away from the mountain. Just as she was coming out from the boulder's protection, the dowutin's giant hand grabbed her and yanked her back into safety.

    He didn't mean to be rough with her, but he quickly tossed her to the ground in front of Devith, because the firrerreo boy also with them had apparently tried to follow suit right behind the woman.

    "WHY WOULD…you…do...?" the woman began to shriek before she lost her words.

    The dowutin grabbed the boy, no more than nine, as he also darted out from the boulder's safety. But the togruta had garnered attention immediately before and the nearby stormtroopers had already opened fire.

    The Mentor pulled him in quickly….but they all saw the young one hanging limp in his large grasp, his head rolled back limply like a doll's.

    …the reality of the situation never felt so dense and suffocating as it did right then. A young child. Gunned down. Right next to them. Had the master been just a little faster…just a second faster!!!

    The dowutin stared at the boy in his grip, a strange sound emanating from deep within his core and rumbling the ground and out of his mouth. A growl. A roar. Rage. Grief for a little one he never knew and now never would.

    Timidly, slowly, he set the body down before the others but didn't look at them.

    "Wait. For. The. Opening."

    They could only nod now, no words capable of coming forth. All thoughts of immediate escape vanished.

    The Mentor slammed his fist on the boulder and it shook, just as he was, though it was unknown if it was from him or the Imperials on the other side.

    "GARLENA WHERE ARE YOU!?"

    Tag: @Darth_Elu

    ~Greengarde, Firrerre~

    Hastily, Veira made her way to Mentor Iihrandas. The Kel Dor man lowered his hand as soon as she reached him, her words as urgent as the scene around them.

    "What do we do? How do we get these people to the base?"

    The question that all hung on to be sure.

    "With hope," was all the man could say before pointing to the rooftops across the street, "But for now we need a scout. It is dangerous, but I need you to get up there and gaze at the surrounding area. We need warning of any approaching ships or ground forces, any alternate routes incase you do see any."

    He would have asked her to go the rooftops on their side of the street, but they were all rubble already for the most part. The Mentor leaned in so he could speak closer to the Hapan's ear as the chaos was getting louder despite their efforts.

    "Raise your right hand for danger, Two fingers for aerial fighters. One for ground troops. When I wave back, point in the direction you see them. Raise your left hand for 'all clear.' Both hands if you see danger, but a new path for the evacuees. Use your left to point in the direction of the path. I will see you."

    He said this all rather quickly, there was no time to repeat it and would hope she got it down. There was no time to find comlinks or other means of fast and clearer communication. They never knew the Empire was coming. The Shado Varmiri were not prepared.

    "Get other members of the Order to help if you run across any!"

    Then he turned back to two trandoshan men who were beginning to fight each other in panic and did his best to subdue them while fully expecting her to already be wading her way through the crush of bodies to the other side.

    And in the middle of that crush, she would come across a toppling Valieri.

    The woman was falling, falling…and then felt a firm grasp on her wrist halting the movement. Pulling her up, back into safety. A brief, sudden embrace. There could only be one person who would do that.

    Gav.

    Just like that, he was there. His strong, athletic arms slid back to grasp her shoulders protectively, his dark wavy hair a mess and still blowing in the wind. The streaks of gray along the sides and temple in it more pronounced than ever, or was that just the situation making it seem more so?

    Her Mentor's eyes stared at her, not yet noticing the hapan trying to squeeze through right then nearby.

    "Are you all right, Val?" His voice was barely audible over the people. His head turned to look all about them, finally giving a small nod to Veira, idly wondering if she needed help as well though his words were for his adherent at the moment.

    "We've got to get you out from this crowd! Where's that hawk of yours?"

    Granted, his own companion, a male gurrcat named Daretabe was nowhere in sight either.

    Tag: @spacelady @HanSolo29

    ~Karetoki Village, Rattatak~

    Kartessa was quickly knocked unconscious and set into the Death Trooper's care as he left and removed her from the area, back to the Operation FCC that the High Inquisitor had set up elsewhere.

    The elite troops under his command obeying his every order with utter precision. There were no mistakes, all was perfect.

    Karetoki Village had become Yperion's canvas. All he had to do was paint the masterful stroke of death upon it.

    The phrik cube activated and he levitated out of range, high above. Ah. The feelings of death, destruction, and half-second of confused despair rang out through the Force just as he expected!

    The sights! The sounds!

    And that was that. It was over. There was no escape from his…..

    Wait.

    Sure enough there was a man rising high above the carnage at extreme velocity! A human male and he held a human woman in his arms. The Force Jump on display was possibly one of the greatest he'd ever seen.

    The man's long black hair blew in the wind created from the jump, as did the woman's contrasting brunette hair. It shifted in motion even when they slowed down and slowly swiveled due to the man's action in midair to gaze in the direction of the High Inquisitor, about three hundred meters away.

    Had they sensed him? Not likely due to his Spell of Concealment, but his levitation did mark him as a moving body that may have caught their attention right before the blast. Apparently this man also possessed the skill of Levitation. At least, that's what he thought before the man's hardened expression turned away and he began to…soar away. Were….were those three golden wings upon his back? A strange sight and obvious Force ability that he had never seen before.

    It took a second, but then he heard a call from his troops through their communication channels.

    "We've locked onto the airborne targets. Shall we fire, High Inquisitor?"

    They had finally been exposed, yet Yperion would have a feeling the hunt had only become even more interesting.

    Tag: @Dioskouros
    Last edited by Darth_Elu, Apr 22, 2017
    Dioskouros, greyjedi125 and spacelady like this.
  7. Mitth_Fisto Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Sep 29, 2005
    star 6
    IC: Ran (Randolpho)

    Battle of Firrerre

    ~The Howling Forests, Firrerre~

    The armored keshiri, whose purple skin only barely showed due to it, watched as his adherent spoke up first. The response was within the realm of expected replies. For many of the Shado Varmiri.

    "I don't understand it, Mentor! How can they expect us to win this fight by ordering us not to use Force Powers or Lightsabers? How can we have victory if our hands are tied and our eyes blindfolded!? The very tools of our triumph forbidden!?" The other adherent in the vehicle commented. "You're right Mentor. I shall meditate on the code and clear my mind for the upcoming battle. We must be focused and unified in our purpose."

    Mentor Feerrum nodded succinctly. "Good. Center yourself while you have the time. As for our 'tools of triumph'? For lightsabers, you forget whom you have studied with these past few years." This went over Ran's head, at least until the demonstration that was given.

    Mentor Feerrum, his eyes the steel that matched the large vibro-sword that he pulled out to show for emphasis, its blade reflecting what sunlight pierced through pockets in the trees. Valens Feerrum was a Varmiri Phalanx who opted to not use a lightsaber as a personal preference, enjoying the feel of a 'real sword.'

    "I need time." Ran spoke up. "I need years." It did not stop his own words, nor his own focus on what yet was inside him. The answer to his own reply was a little surprising though.

    "Best to feel the pain of truth than feel safe behind the lie. There is no more time before the storm, there is only now. What is more important, though I feel your pain well, is that you spare that specific truth from all those who are unable to fight for themselves. You will find the years. Just not in the way you thought." Mentor Feerrum gave a look where his eyes betrayed the softness around him and his words. Ran didn't know what to make of this, nothing that settled well with his now roiling guts and charging nerves that he knew was a sign he was coming to a point where his emotions would liably boil over in some way.

    Silently he finished the code of the Shado Varmiri.

    "We may not be able to use the Force in combat. But remember this," the Mentor continued his eyes bore straight into his adherent and then Ran as well so they understood. "The Force may yet use us. There are restrictions, but there are no limits. When the time comes," he paused again due to a large bounce, "let yourself be guided. There are barriers, but no obstacles. There is only the Truth of the Force."

    Turning to face ahead for a moment to mark their progress, he gave an idle nod. "We will be out of the forest soon. From there, it will be a mad dash to the target I imagine."

    Mad dash. His stomach turned. They were seated in the vehicle and yet it was still a dash and mad, something he had not been good at since that fateful day. Many had commented that his defense and slowly wading into situations had improved the outcomes of whatever he does in practice drills, and now it was a rush. Real life compared little to his own understanding from training. Yet how it would all turn out he tried to push from his mind. The small community of Yuzzems had all moved here much as Yanibar with the express knowledge imprinted from their own kidnapping by the Empire or their own parents being from such that money and material had been set aside and saved for such a day to flee. Ro Hypa likely were already stunned and in stasis pods for transport, or being left behind if they were out on the range for free feeding. Nests would be the main focus, save the eggs for the next generation, that would be the key. Already he could envision someone wearing the tall tube cage loaded with micro-incubator metabolic retardation tubes to save thirty eggs. From that from each range the Ro Hypa that were their main incomes would survive, if they did. Only what could be grabbed besides would be taken and loaded on the haulers, speeders, and anything available to be ridden to the spaceport or military base. He wasn't even sure where they would need to go. Was there really a hidden shuttle pad the ranches had or was that a pipe dream that now would never exist that merely was the rumors of the young such as himself?

    So many questions, but there was the mad dash. The unknown. All he could do was shift his long range weapon higher. At least when it came to the mad dash he could at least shoot back! Force help him to see the Truth of the Force, he might not use it but it still could guide him. Force be with them all!

    Tag: @greyjedi125 @Darth_Elu
    Dioskouros, Darth_Elu and greyjedi125 like this.
  8. Dioskouros Jedi Youngling

    Member Since:
    Mar 16, 2017
    Past

    ~Karetoki Village, Rattatak~


    There they were, and they,
    were Beautiful.

    And that ability--unique--Force Flight?

    The board was set,
    The pieces were now being moved,
    The battleground cleared, and cleansed of all pawns,
    His forces at the ready.

    They asked no questions. They obeyed every command. They, were the very Finest of the Empire,
    They, were his own.

    As the man began to soar, woman in arms, the Inquisitor's 3 prototype Droid tri-fighters uncloaked, hovering over the north, east, and west positions, as his deadly Infiltrator uncloaked as well, closing in from the south with brutal speed;
    he gave himself a little push back-ways through the use of his jetpack, to land at the tip of his ship's hull, magnetic boots activated,

    as his Facehelm's inner HUD displayed a series of commands:


    --full target Lock-On. 4D coverage
    --E-Web(15) Heavy Repeating Blaster emplacements online
    --C-4PX in position-Verpine ammo
    --Dark trooper squad-AO
    --TIE autopilots [ON]
    --Speeder bikes ready
    --command shuttle airborne
    --widening Scan range. Multi-path detection engaged. Triangulation complete
    --Database: IDing...


    -'Force Be With You. You are fully locked-on and hopelessly surrounded-said Yperion to both via Telepathy

    -Yperion (a simple, yet perfectly Dignified bow) My Pleasure.
    Please forgive the present circumstance'-below, a Shadow stortrooper asked himself,
    just how long would, could these two's defenses last against all the starfighter fire arrayed against them alone?

    In that moment, through the use of Altus sopor, the Sith High Inquisitor focused all his power and then amplified it, merging it with that of his beloved Fell Star, releasing a sudden, massive shockwave through the Force--a representation of the Power of the Dark Side,
    a power Complete and Terrible,
    a power that ended most battles--before they even began.

    It was his hope for the day. These humans were, Special.
    To his troop's never ending puzzlement and eternal wonder, they had witnessed him let targets just, go.
    They had seen him pardon many, letting them depart. They had seen him rip many others to pieces.
    For that, and so Much More, they followed him unquestioningly.
    None in the galaxy inspired, or gave, such Loyalty--none like this Elite of elites.

    They followed him for Order, for Justice,
    for Mercy.

    He believed in other sentient's ability to recognize the futility of throwing Life away.

    The ultimate expression of power was not the ability of taking life,
    but the ability of Giving It.


    TAG: @Darth_Elu
    Last edited by Dioskouros, Apr 25, 2017
    Darth_Elu likes this.
  9. Darth_Elu Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Jan 2, 2003
    star 6
    OOC: Just a player post for now. :)

    Devith Treboh IC:
    ~Evlec Sea, Odessen~

    5 ABY

    As he waited, simply allowing himself to rest, Devith soon heard the call to begin their looming adventure.

    "Time for readiness is over!" Mentor Oruun motioned toward the middle of the platform at a steel gray circle. "Everyone gather in that large circle, it is time we braved the sea."

    "The circle in the middle?"

    Mentor Reddnar clapped him solidly on the back, jarring him from head to toe, and moved in the direction indicated. "No other circle is there? Come on, lets go."

    With a slight frown, the lorrdian man moved toward it like everyone else, feeling nicely packed. Under the watchful gaze of his master, all he could do was follow along, though he would have anyway. He trusted the Kel Dor woman, just was perplexed.

    "Mentors Waoshei.Karna. Take us down!"

    That was when the circle detached from the rest of the platform. Or was it the other way around? Devith hadn't been paying attention to that particular detail so hadn't noticed, but his guess was the latter in this case.

    Managing to have a small glimpse of the two Mentors in question, he saw their eyes close and hands begin moving in patterns while the circle plunged downward. Admittedly he found himself amazed as the water rose all around them in a circular tube-like passage, and then having it bent above them like a ceiling without harm…

    Wow…Don't think I could ever achieve that myself!

    As they descended, he noted the sea life going about their business and some being inquisitive. One small fish seemed to be among the more curious and followed them down a ways. He allowed himself to get as close to the 'wall of water' as he dared and peered straight at the creature. It did the same, probably as amazed as himself.

    "Hmph. Runty thing," he heard his master mutter behind him. Very typical of him, always about the bigger and stronger creatures. Must be a byproduct of being a large species himself.

    As he watched, he could only wonder where they were going. And how long it would take.

    Tag: No One

    *****
    3 ABY

    ~Base of Udarir Mountain, Firrerre~

    With only the briefest warning, the togruta woman of the group nearby to him, suddenly took off. Devith could only watch, wide-eyed as she made her escape. The mentor with them roared at her to stop and he grabbed her with lightning quick reflexes and strength.

    No wonder he was a master.

    He pulled her out of harm's way just in time. Of course he then roughly deposited her back in front of them and she began to yell back, though it faltered. The lorrdian glanced to see why and his eyes widened further in horror.

    The firrerreo boy also with them had taken off and he was still just a child! The dowutin had managed to grab him too, but too late. In those giant hands his fate had already been sealed a half second before. The lifeless body, already gone from this universe, was too obviously apparent.

    A truth that was there in front of them all, like it or not.

    The man, so tender in comparison to his size, set the body down. And then a sound rumbled forth that shook the very ground it seemed. Devith backed away from him, so his back was to the mountain. What was he going to do?

    "Wait. For. The. Opening."

    Like the others, he only nodded, dumbfounded and without words. What could he say in this situation? What could he do? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

    "GARLENA WHERE ARE YOU!?"

    He wasn't sure who 'Garlena' was, but as he flinched from the sound of the mentor's voice, he could only hope it was someone capable of helping.

    If they could even reach them.

    Force help us…

    Tag: No One
    Last edited by Darth_Elu, Apr 26, 2017
    Dioskouros likes this.
  10. Ktala Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Tazula
    ~Commercial District, Laheron, Odessen~


    As Tashi offered Tazula a piece of snack that he had, and she nibbled on the offered piece, Tashi's mentor spoke up as the codru-ji lightly bopped Tashi on the head. "Not even going to offer your own Mentor a piece? Sometimes I wonder…" Tazula's stopped in mid-chew.

    The mentor then quickly held up a hand and smiled."Not that I do, however." Tazula finished chewing, and flashed Tashi a grin. So his mentor had a sense of humor as well. Good to know. Tazula watched as the mentor's companion, a bloodfin, made itself known. Tazula giggled softly, as she heard the mentor talk to it. "Yes, yes. I know you're hungry, Xerete. You're always hungry." The Mentor then quickly offered it a snack as well. Tazula sighed softly to herself. Tazula turned to Tashi, and in a lower voice, asked him if he knew what size teams they were going to be put in. His mentor heard her however, and quickly responded.

    "Well, Tazula, I'd imagine they won't be large groups. Perhaps two or three teacher-student pairs at most."

    Tazula smiled as she responded to the mentor. "Thank you. That is good to know." She then looked over at Tashi with a grin and a wink. "Thanks for the snack. This might turn into a long day. But it wont be boring, that's for sure." Tazula grinned once more, before going back on the guard, looking around the group carefully. She knew most likely her master would make his appearance before they were split into groups. Now, would he tried to get her, or go after other parts of the group, was the question. So she spread out her feelings within the Force, as she kept a careful look out for anything suspicious. And with her master, that could be almost anything.


    Tag: @Darth_Elu, @Mikaboshi



    FLASHBACK


    Tazula
    ~First Defense Line near the Grand Falls, Firrerre~


    "Are we having fun yet?" Tazula had asked Votrek, her Mentor. A rain of pebbles rained down on her, as if answering her question. She looked up, when Votrek spoke. "Well," he replied, standing up for a few shots himself and then crouching as well, "Lets just say we're not quite at normal 'Terrific Taungsday' level. But if you're having fun, I could let you enjoy it all if you wish, my adherent!" Numar flashed a grin, even as Tazula stuck out her tongue at him, also returning his grin. She watched as he suddenly caught a thermal detonator from General Fourd, and then tossed it at a group of storm troopers.

    BOOM!

    Tazula stood up, giving a few shots, as Votrek scanned the area and then ducked down again. She quickly joined him. "We have about five Imperials coming up quickly to your right, about ready to overrun us there. Move down and assist our fellow Varmiri down there, please? I'll be right there, naturally."

    Tazula nodded her head in understanding. "Dont take too long." told him. "Dont want to have all the fun by myself." She gave him another grin, before she turned and headed to the area.

    Be careful.

    As Tazula quickly moved to reach the other Varmiri already fighting in the area, she saw the Imperial solders trying to overrun them. Tazula smiled. How nice of them to be in a group. It would allowed her to use her disks. She crouched, quickly slinging her rifle as she grabbed her two diskblades. She quickly calculated how she would need to throw them, before she stood up, and let the twin blades fly. As soon as she had thrown them, she began to move, so that she would be in the area that they would be moving towards. The soldiers were not expecting an attack from her direction, so she did manage to catch at least three of them unawares, as her blades quickly sliced and bounced their way through the group, causing them to have to drop and take cover, as she managed to catch her blades, and then dash, to catch up with the other Vamiri. She didnt know if they were down for good, or simply injured, but as long as it made them stop and take cover, helped. It looked like her plan had worked. Two troopers did not rise again. The third one, was injured, but not totally down. But not exactly mobile either.

    She panted slightly, as she un-slung her rifle once more, letting off a few shots. She then ducked down. "I bought us a few minutes." Tazula looked at the group of fighters. "Whoever three you got, that are the best marksman, see if you can move down some, and get a angle on whatever troopers are left. Stay low, They expecting us to stay all
    bunched up. Dont shoot, until we start, and try to pick em off. But dont go to far down, in case they try to move in on you." With a nod, Tazula looked at the rest of the group. "If any of you have any thermal detonators, use one to try and split the group up. Everyone else, just keep shooting. Mentor Votrek will be joining us in a moment."

    He better.

    Tazula bit her lip, as she pushed away her nervousness, and she put on a serious face. They were not going to get run over. They were NOT going to fall. Not here. Not now. Imperials be fragged. They were going to make the Imperials pay, and pay dearly.





    Tag: @Darth_Elu
  11. greyjedi125 Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Apr 29, 2002
    star 5
    IC: Amir T’ekoah

    Battle of Firrerre
    3 ABY, The Howling Forests

    “…you forget whom you have studied with these past few years.”

    Amir could not help it. He let himself chuckle, almost as sure as he could sense a grin forming beneath Mentor Feerum’s helm. His mentor was a master of the vibro sword. His intense lessons and drills were not wasted on Amir, who despite preferring a lightsaber above any other weapon, was himself proficient with a vibro sword, all thanks to his Mentor.

    Amir’s silver blue eyes spied Feerum’s blade, which prompted him to grip his own weapon with both hands as a surge of emotion began to envelop him. Closing his eyes, Amir let the feeling galvanize him, super charge him. He was about to go into real battle with his brothers against a force which outnumbered them.

    I am the Protector of Justice

    The surge crested inside Amir, almost sparking with his every breath.

    I know no Emotion in Battle

    This was not to say he felt nothing, but rather, his focus was singular and crystal clear. There were no distractions.

    I know the Truth of the Force

    Amir knew he could trust in one thing only, and one thing alone.

    The armored korun inhaled deeply, then let out a long exhale. He’d sensed the yuzzem and his situation. However, Mentor Feerrum spoke true. Indeed, there were restrictions, but there are no limits. Barriers, but no obstacles. He had only to close his eyes to see clearly.

    Amir could understand what Ran was going through, though for different reasons, but being ‘lame’ was a crux personal to the yuzzem. But one he needn’t bare alone this time around.

    “I’ll be fighting next to you.” Amir called out in hopes of reassuring his fellow varmiri brother.

    The statement was made, that they would be out of the forest soon and facing the enemy.

    “Mentor, I am ready.” Amir intoned, calmly and filled with purpose.


    Tag: @Darth_Elu, @Mitth_Fisto
    Last edited by greyjedi125, May 3, 2017
    Dioskouros, Mitth_Fisto and Darth_Elu like this.
  12. Darth_Elu Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Jan 2, 2003
    star 6
    Present Day - 5 ABY

    ~'The Stargazer' Hall, Odessen~

    Prime Krazh listened as Amir and Veira talked with each other further about the color issue.

    Though The korunnai's words at the end elicited some reaction.

    "What matters to me is that we as Varmiri, come to an agreement as a family. That is more important to me than the colors themselves."

    Murmurs of agreement and a couple of claps rewarded the statement.

    "Oh, yeah. But definitely no lime green. We'd be easy targets."

    Laughs abounded from this, with the Celestial Prime grinning as well. It was a good thing they were all familiar with him, as the sight of a grinning t'surr often sent others running for the hills in fright.

    It seemed like the Hapan woman was more staunch in her opinions, not wanting to give way, though she bent a little in her wording. Typical Hapan woman. She had convictions and kept to them! The Celestial Prime approved.

    "So, black, gold, and red, yes?" She said eagerly.

    His eyes overlooked them all again. "Seeing as our warrior here sees the colors still fitting his reasoning, I say yes. Black, gold, and red are our colors!"

    The Varmiri shouted out their agreements to this before quieting back down.

    "Glad to have that over with. Prolonged discussions aren't my thing," there were a few chuckles to those who knew that well, "So lets get to the training."

    Those sitting began to stand in preparation, a new energy suffused within the Hangar due to the current details being settled as well as knowing they'd be active shortly. There were still more details to go over, the Varmiri Navy was a big subject after all. But colors and a fighter model was a good start and was his main aim for the moment.

    The Celestial Prime listed off some groups of pilots and told them to head to the simulators post haste. Per normal training regimen, they ran their way there as if their lives depended on it. If Veira began to angle over, he held up a hand to forestall her. Apparently she wasn't going to be with them.

    Rounding up some artificers, he asked them to begin coordinating with his engineers and mechanics in working on some of the ships currently docked. To work their 'magic' as it were.

    From there he reached some phalanxes, though he shook his head at Amir to let him know he wasn't involved with this first group of fellow warriors. He had them ordered to do a routine inspection of the Hangar grounds to make sure all was safe and, under the watchful eyes of another Mentor he assigned them, would be conducting mock assaults and defenses on the perimeter of the hangar. It was good to know how enemies would attempt to assault their main base of naval operations on the ground, just incase. In so doing, their defenses would become all the more formidable.

    The last group contained an assortment of each type of individual, with Veira and Amir both apart of it as well.

    "We have a different training style for you, though we'll rotate later. I shall be personally watching this exercise, so you're with me first. No pressure," he flashed a feral grin, "So lets get to it."

    Walking over to a section of the hangar, his stride clearly expecting them all to follow, he began speaking.

    "Live training. In many situations, whether on the attack or assisting those under duress, drop ships are essential tactical vehicles. We will be deploying a few to practice simulated missions where efficient and quick drops are critical."

    A large 'ruff!' appeared as they neared a drop ship, making the Celestial Prime dip his head in acknowledgment to the Akk Dog that was his own bound companion there.

    "Rurez. Was wondering where you had scampered off to," he turned back to those following him, "Nevertheless, the drop ships won't be the only ones. We will also use a few fighters to act as escorts as well as drop ships of their own. Sometimes improvisation is key and unorthodox methods required."

    He motioned for some of them to head for the drop ships and then started pairing off others, or putting them in very small groups depending. In the case of Veira and Amir, they were paired together.

    "Use your fighter, Miss Rynn. Find a way to squeeze in your new passenger and prepare for the exercise. Lift off with the drop ships and listen for further orders on the comlink."

    Tag: @greyjedi125 @spacelady

    ~Main Courtyard, Shado Temple, Odessen~

    The first two Ravagers looked about confused, missing Elda completely before suddenly sensing two others and engaging them instead.

    The fellow rogue-like Varmiri she assisted descended on their chosen targets, both human males, and her companion opted for a stab motion to their left side, though they sensed it and pivoted to block the strike at the last moment.

    As Elda herself charged out of stealth toward them, the other Ravager stepped in to receive her, their blade flashing twice in rapid succession with decent precision. The first aimed for her shoulders left to right; the second coming to cross back down diagonally from her right shoulder to left hip.

    Meanwhile the healers kept up their work, a few looked up briefly, before going back to their work.

    The two Nautolan Mentors watched quietly, their thoughts silent. For now.

    Tag: @Dioskouros

    ~Gon-Ba Forest, Odessen~

    As their time came, it appeared that Ran decided to walk. His master, Yoree'na, could very well sense his urges to do otherwise. So. He had decided to resist the Forest's Call.

    "It is better to walk. I may want to climb, but that is merely the call of what could be, what once was, not what should."

    She contemplated this a moment, inclining her head to the side. "A consideration of your injury. Or of suspicion of Gon-Ba's intent?"

    Either was possible with the yuzzem's line of questioning. It was possible he may even be referencing both at once though she was curious as to what he meant this time.

    Meanwhile, as they walked further into the forest, the darkness grew and grew as suspected. Soon enough only little pinpricks of light trickled in through the canopy above and a disquieting feeling would settle in his stomach.

    Nothing happened. At least not yet. It was just….silent. Too silent for a forest. There was not even a stirring of wind here. Their own footsteps seemed to make no noise despite them not actively trying to be quiet.

    Hurra mewed softly, tension clear in her voice. Mentor Na patted her head again, the twi'lek's eyes looking about for a moment before looking at her adherent once more.

    "Which direction do we head?"

    In this exercise, it was the student who made the calls. The Master only followed and observed.

    Tag: @Mitth_Fisto

    ~Rethgarion Jungles, Odessen~

    Taking in the words of Seeker Cen, Vertumnus decided to take the active approach that the miraluka spoke of. While cloaked, he quickly maneuvered up a tree and took out the unconscious feline beast, managed to use further gadgets from his armor to catch it and allowed others on security detail with the expedition know.

    Cen watched quietly for now.

    "Thanks, Vertumnus," one human man said, "Perhaps we'll release it later or take it back for the Bestiary for potential bonding or other research."

    It was a small burden to lug the unconscious creature along with their current objectives, but one they made room for. As they did so and continued, the shi'ido doubled back to inspect the flowers.

    His scanners managed to detect trace elements of toxin within them, yet they were dormant and seemed not to react to the passersby. It was up to the experienced adherent whether he would proceed cutting them or not, if it would even matter by that point.

    This all while he also took a sample of the moss underfoot.

    <As always, I am amazed by how many things you can carry with you.> His Mentor telepathically replied light-heartedly to his notice of intent regarding the issue.

    As for Ambassador Akre'ya, the bothan in charge, he looked at the grass in thought.

    "Is the threat so great?" he mused questioningly. "Merely remain close by, if it please you. The others are taking the risk of walking upon it, so I shall as well. At the first sign of trouble, I will accept any aid you and the others can give."

    With that, they kept moving. The moss sometimes became more dense, sometimes barely present as they moved, but always acting the same when they went over it. Nothing overtly happening, though it was still odd in appearance.

    Some of the humidity packed within the jungle began to beat down on them once more, as they went further and further…Nothing more being picked up on the secretive probe droids either, nothing worthy of note at least.

    For now, the shi'ido was left to respond how he would and keep to his thoughts.

    Tag: @Dioskouros

    ~Salis D'aar, Bakura~

    The words of Valieri seemed to hang in the air for Lylithe to consider as they continued on their way through one of the many streets of the commercial district in the city. Az'aln nodded along with the Wielder's sentiments as well.

    "To be presumptuous would be disastrous, I agree," he intoned simply.

    The group moved along for a few minutes more before pausing at Prime Sorkas' silent command, a raised hand. Turning to the others, she began listing off a number of things needed and tasking whom to get them.

    "Next…lets see. I need some basic grocery items as odd as that sounds. I have a list here of specific herbs, peppers, salt, and such. Az'aln, could you be so kind as to retrieve those? Take this list with you, so long as they know you are one of us, you shouldn't encounter too much difficulty."

    The Kel Dor gave nodded, though he disliked being parted from his disciple for too long. "Very well, I shall be quick about it."

    He took the list as the leader of their group moved on. "Thank you. Now…Val was it? I'd like you to get a shipment of fifteen thousand plates of bakuran steel ordered. They'll try to give some exorbitant price, so be wary of that."

    The Essence Prime's brown eyes fell at last upon the Potential of the group thoughtfully. "Lastly, I could use some cratsch legs, pelts, and musk glands for various purposes. Could you procure those, please? The place that carries them is around here, though a bit hidden out of the way. Get as much as they have, if possible. The owners, if you run into them, are a bit odd as well so be prepared for that.

    "When you're all done with your procurements, meet back here. We have another order to take care of after."

    And just like that, they split up, though some went together regardless. It was up to Valieri and Lylithe what they'd like to do.

    Tag: @HanSolo29 @Sinrebirth

    ~Evlec Sea, Odessen~

    It took some more time, a solid five minutes or so, before the grip on the circular lift managed to finally reach the bottom of the sea. When they did, everyone looked about themselves uncertainly until Mentor Oruun walked off the platform and onto the wet, yet rocky surface. The lift seemed to suddenly power down and clamp itself stubbornly to the rock, probably a good idea.

    "All right, everyone. We're here. Let us proceed in this direction."

    With those words she began to move off in one direction, Mentor Waoshei behind her and keeping the water from crashing down on them. Everyone would follow suit, the Force's tug getting stronger and stronger. Mentor Karna took up the rear so that elemental protection was evenly distributed among the group.

    Reddnar and Devith found themselves near the back of the group, marveling at the sights around them. It was actually rather amazing how dark it was down here, with only limited light managing to reach the surface!

    "Keep an eye out for anything interesting. Biological or otherwise," the dowutin casually mentioned.

    Tag: @Darth_Elu

    ~Commercial District, Laheron, Odessen~

    There was still no sign of Mentor Votrek, even as they finally managed to all come to an intersection within the town. The Low Archon paused and turned to the group.

    "Alright. Everything has gone well so far, as expected. Lets split into groups to make up ground faster and thank you again for your help. Lets keep to just two mentor-adherent pairs, I think that should suffice for patrol size today."

    "About what I thought," mused Shahassa, "Alright then. Tazula, why don't you come with Tashi and I. Should be more fun that way."

    The codru-ji woman took a swift look around while the others began grouping together, "Shall we stay in this area, head for the town hall, or go to the outskirts? Your choice."

    The commercial district was large, but held notable things of interest and they were already present in it. The people would be many to monitor, though most were easy going and pleasant.

    The town hall was small and not far away, but rather dull to patrol. It also held the highest risk of anywhere should something actually happen. Which was unlikely. The people they'd encounter would be of moderate amount, but would be boring and likely snobbish to a degree.

    The outskirts were a bit farther away and may require a quick ground transport to get them there from where they were and it was peacefully quiet. However, it would be a decent amount of ground to cover and there was still an occasional risk of wild animals getting too close out of curiosity. There would be few people to bother them, but that could make things uninteresting just as well.

    As the Mentor said. It was their choice.

    Tag: @Ktala @Mikaboshi

    3 ABY

    ~The Howling Forests, Firrerre~

    Mentor Feerrum noticed Ran go quiet, though he knew he was absorbing his words. His ranged weapon being shifted higher as he prepared himself within. Amir's encouraging words were noted as well and the keshiri master nodded to him in appreciation.

    Closer and closer they got to the edge of the Howling Forests. It wouldn't be much longer now. But there was one last thing he noted to clear up with the younger Varmiri before they got there.

    "Adherent. I wish you to stay by my side throughout this fight while possible." His eyes turned to the yuzzem, "Same with you, though with your rifle, keep at least ten to twenty feet feet behind us to best use of it. Do not be hesitant to run closer to us for cover if needed. Both of you, don't be afraid to shout for help if needed. In this fight, use mental communication only at critical points or if it becomes too loud. It wastes energy best utilized purely on the physical realm in this case."

    His dark eyes looked at them steadily.

    "Do you understand?"

    Just as their answers came forth, they cleared the forests at last. At that exact moment, almost as if it was rehearsed, there was another group bursting through the forest.

    Three rancors with whole groups of Witches atop, hollering and chanting above them, with men running just behind them with rifles and swords of their own just as boisterous as they began their charge.

    Together they veered to the right just slightly and in came the view.

    Fighters screaming through the air, AA Guns blasting away from various points elsewhere. Explosions rocking the ground even from miles away. Distant towns. Burning. Crumbling. Dying.

    And a large force ahead, directly heading for the Grand Falls was apparent. The Grand Falls was the beautiful capital of Firrerre, where a large mix of both Shado Varmiri and non-Varmiri but allied firrerreo dwelled. Not far from there was Udarir Mountain, where Shado Temple sat majestically.

    There was a main defense line set up to defend the main force from reaching such points. This Imperial group had detached to find an alternate route and they were the ones coming upon them.

    The giant form of an AT-AT loomed ahead as the central fixture. But it wasn't alone. Three AT-STs also surrounded it at three distinct points and roughly four platoons of soldiers running along the ground with them. They weren't going fast, they didn't need to. Just the sight of them induced fear in the populace and their confidence was through the roof. With every reason.

    They were coming upon their right flank, but didn't notice them. Yet. This was the last time to prep and begin to visualize how they were best planning to start their own individual battles.

    "BRACE YOURSELVES!" boomed out the War Prime, a mighty great-sword in his hands. Stealth wasn't an option for them, so no need for quiet. Just speed and efficiency.

    The rancors let loose with their own roars.

    The counter-offensive had begun!

    Tag: @Mitth_Fisto @greyjedi125

    ~Ruins of Karetoki Village, Rattatak~

    <There is no such thing as hopelessly surrounded.>

    A curious telepathic reply from the man. Seamless and without much surprise. Clearly he was well versed in the art of telepathy as well. From there, the shockwave of Yperion crashed down upon them in a fine display of power that would end nearly anyone he came across.

    A dazzling display for his troops.

    Right before it struck, they began to swoop upwards in reply to the various ships closing in and the now sensed troops on the ground. From there, the shockwave then struck as if to smash them back down or fling them far away. If not perhaps rip them asunder.

    It slowed them down, but miraculously did nothing else! How strange, how wondrous! How was this achieved? And at such strength?

    The truth was apparent at the end, due to acute observation by the High Inquisitor who let nothing escape his notice.

    The woman had been turned to face the incoming attack, her hands held palm out as if to catch a ball. She had absorbed it. Even at that magnitude! It was hard to make out all the details from his current distance and everyone's movement, but it definitely put a strain on her. Yet it was managed.

    Judging by the slight uptick in the man's flying speed immediately after, it was almost like the energy from the wave had been transferred to him. Or at least a portion of it. As he did so, lightning began to spark and stream off of him in waves. Not from his fingertips as he held the woman, but from his feet and his eyes! Such oddity, how was it even achieved? The arcs of lightning, strength clearly nothing to scoff at, began to flow around them in a counteroffensive at the tri-fighters.

    Indeed. One was struck full on before evasive maneuvers could be enacted. It was fried and destroyed within seconds.

    <For the Force surrounds all of us in turn.> Came the delayed addendum.

    This fight was going to be something Yperion had perhaps not had in some time.

    Fun.

    Tag: @Dioskouros

    ~Base of Udarir Mountain, Firrerre~

    It was as if Garlena had been magically summoned out of thin air the moment her name was roared out from the dowutin. Indeed, a much, much larger roar suddenly presented itself. The ground shaking mightily. Even the Empire's attack suddenly halted in a few tense filled seconds.

    "There she is," rumbled the Mentor darkly. A note of relief apparent however.

    Then came the imperial screams and the sound of blaster fire re-emerging, though it was clear it was in the opposite direction.

    "NOW!" roared the man as he got up, grasped the body of the boy again, and pivoted around the boulder to act as a further shield.

    Devith and the few others with them scrambled up and ran away from Udarir Mountain. It was pointless to attempt going up it now. The dowutin ran with them, shielding them from the side.

    "Just keep going! Head for the grove of trees ahead!"

    Peeking around the sides of the massive man, they could clearly see who or rather 'what' Garlena was.

    The mentor's bound companion due to easy familiarity.

    A Krayt Dragon.

    And the female was larger than anything they had ever seen. And angry.

    "Garlena will buy us plenty of time! Just keep going, I will have to part with you there but not till I know you are all safe!"

    Tag: @Darth_Elu

    ~First Defense Line near the Grand Falls, Firrerre~

    The twi'lek was swift, precise, and quick to judgment. All proved to be boons in this event. Her disc blades quickly taking down two, injuring a third. Her quick unslinging of her rifle brought down a fourth and forced the fifth to dive out of the way and lose momentum on his push to their line. He was picked off by other soldiers not long later.

    "I bought us a few minutes."

    "Life saver!" a few of them cried with desperate grins plastered on their faces.

    "Whoever three you got, that are the best marksmen, see if you can move down some, and get a angle on whatever troopers are left. Stay low, They expecting us to stay all bunched up Don't shoot, until we start, and try to pick 'em off. But don't go too far down, in case they try to move in on you."

    The soldiers, desperate for any kind of plan, nodded and deliberated amongst themselves. It only took a moment or two for them to pick out the three best marksmen and have them move into the requested position.

    "If any of you have any thermal detonators, use one to try and split the group op. Everyone else, just keep shooting. Mentor Votrek will be joining us in a moment."

    "We've only got one left down here," remarked one; their voice coming out at a higher pitch than they probably intended. Hard to blame them.

    "Shall we use it or hold it?" asked a second.

    Meanwhile, as they waited for Tazula's reply and began firing again, they noticed a large platoon of stormtroopers rushing straight for them. It was a boon that there was nowhere to hide immediately between them, no landscape to duck behind or under; but their numbers would prove problematic potentially. More platoons were rushing all other sections of the line as well. They weren't very close to them, but it wouldn't be long and they were firing rapidly to attempt keeping the Varmiri's heads down long enough that they could overrun them without much counter fire.

    Quick thinking and a quicker trigger finger was going to be required here.

    And those evil AT-ATs were slowly, but steadily, getting closer. A passing Varmiri fighter attempting to help was blasted casually out of the sky by the deadly line of walkers in emphasis to their threat.

    Tag: @Ktala
    Last edited by Darth_Elu, May 7, 2017
    Ktala, Dioskouros and Mikaboshi like this.
  13. Mitth_Fisto Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Sep 29, 2005
    star 6
    IC: Randolpho
    ~Gon-Ba Forest, Odessen~

    As their time came, it appeared Yoree'na would join Ran in his decided walk. His master, Yoree'na, could very well sense his urges to do otherwise still she kept her peace as he spoke his own as to why.

    "It is better to walk. I may want to climb, but that is merely the call of what could be, what once was, not what should."

    She contemplated this a moment, inclining her head to the side. "A consideration of your injury. Or of suspicion of Gon-Ba's intent?"

    He grinned toothily at her with a sideways glance. "We don't know each other well enough for that yet." he simply stated as he limped along, slowly slipping further into the forests shade. "Just because there is darkness does not make one evil, neither does light prove good. The truth oft is somewhere between, or if truly evil or good something that is proven in time." His words came out soft, nearly hushed as he moved along, something about this place called for some form of stillness.

    Meanwhile, as they walked further into the forest, the darkness grew and grew as suspected. Soon enough only little pinpricks of light trickled in through the canopy above and a disquieting feeling settled in his stomach. "The stars shown down round about them, in the coolness of the night. Their fiery furnaces denied their terror by the depths of the sea between them, and thee." he idly murmured as he looked about, up, down and around as they progressed.

    Nothing happened. At least not yet. It was just….silent. Too silent for a forest. There was not even a stirring of wind here. Their own footsteps seemed to make no noise despite them not actively trying to be quiet. To be honest he wondered if truly that was the most disquieting thing about this place, the silence. The sound of silence.

    Hurra mewed softly, tension clear in her voice and shattered his own quieting breath as he breathed in the stillness of the forest. Mentor Na patted her head again, the twi'lek's eyes looking about for a moment before looking at her adherent once more.

    "Which direction do we head?"

    In this exercise, it was the student who made the calls. The Master only followed and observed. A welcome respite from the norm he felt. A part of him wanted to sniff the air, and so he did. He did not call the Force to heighten his senses further, instead merely relying on what was already his baseline. The Force was for later, he felt that he would need it. "This way." he simply said as he listened to pull in his guts to head. A part of him still spoke of going higher, but at least the direction was the same either way. Slow and steady.

    Tag: @Darth_Elu




    IC: Ran
    3 ABY
    ~The Howling Forests, Firrerre~

    Mentor Feerrum noticed Ran go quiet, though he knew he was absorbing his words. His ranged weapon being shifted higher as he prepared himself within. Amir's encouraging words were noted as well and the keshiri master nodded to him in appreciation.

    Closer and closer they got to the edge of the Howling Forests. It wouldn't be much longer now. But there was one last thing he noted to clear up with the younger Varmiri before they got there.

    "Adherent. I wish you to stay by my side throughout this fight while possible." His eyes turned to Ran, "Same with you, though with your rifle, keep at least ten to twenty feet feet behind us to best use of it. Do not be hesitant to run closer to us for cover if needed. Both of you, don't be afraid to shout for help if needed. In this fight, use mental communication only at critical points or if it becomes too loud. It wastes energy best utilized purely on the physical realm in this case."

    His dark eyes looked at them steadily. To which Ran merely gulped.

    "Do you understand?"

    Nodding Ran spoke quickly, "Yes Mentor."

    Just as their answers came forth, they cleared the forests at last. At that exact moment, almost as if it was rehearsed, there was another group bursting through the forest.

    Three rancors with whole groups of Witches atop, hollering and chanting above them, with men running just behind them with rifles and swords of their own just as boisterous as they began their charge.

    Together they veered to the right just slightly and in came the view. Ran's mouth hung open in awe at the Rancors and their riders and the horde that followed them.

    Fighters screaming through the air, AA Guns blasting away from various points elsewhere. Explosions rocking the ground even from miles away. Distant towns. Burning. Crumbling. Dying. Still his jaw hung limp, only not in awe but in horror and anger. His emotions boiling in crosscurrents and for now quieting each other in their mixed fervors.

    And a large force ahead, directly heading for the Grand Falls was apparent. The Grand Falls was the beautiful capital of Firrerre, where a large mix of both Shado Varmiri and non-Varmiri but allied firrerreo dwelled. Not far from there was Udarir Mountain, where Shado Temple sat majestically.

    There was a main defense line set up to defend the main force from reaching such points. This Imperial group had detached to find an alternate route and they were the ones coming upon them.

    The giant form of an AT-AT loomed ahead as the central fixture. But it wasn't alone. Three AT-STs also surrounded it at three distinct points and roughly four platoons of soldiers running along the ground with them. They weren't going fast, they didn't need to. Just the sight of them induced fear in the populace and their confidence was through the roof. With every reason.

    They were coming upon their right flank, but didn't notice them. Yet. This was the last time to prep and begin to visualize how they were best planning to start their own individual battles.

    Yet all Ran could think was why would they notice them? Why pay them heed? They seemed to small in comparison without the Force to bring to bare. Without it, what true chance did they have to route the Empire? To route the AT-AT's?

    "BRACE YOURSELVES!" boomed out the War Prime, a mighty great-sword in his hands. Stealth wasn't an option for them, so no need for quiet. Just speed and efficiency.

    The rancors let loose with their own roars.

    The counter-offensive had begun! Somewhere deep down Ran felt he knew he would die today, but hopefully that death would have meaning. "FOR FAMILY!" he yelled with all the air in his lungs. His own war cry to bellow with the Rancors. It was all he had to do until he saw other begin to shoot at the enemy which would be his indication in turn to do likewise.

    Tag: @Darth_Elu, @greyjedi125
    Dioskouros and Darth_Elu like this.
  14. spacelady Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Mar 16, 2003
    star 5
    OOC: Present scene now so I'm not holding up Grey. Past post in the future... :p

    IC as Veira Rynn

    And so the colors were chosen upon. Thus making her the winner. ...whether it was competition or not, which it most definitely was not. But regardless. She was the winner of that decision in her mind. She smiled coolly as she took her seat on the lockbox once more. Copper? Really? Ew... But then it was time to move on from that discussion to the more serious matter. They would be training, they were informed. She stood again, with the others standing as well, getting ready to move to whenever the training would be held. The groups of pilots were called to gather together and as she began making her way over with them, she caught the Celestial Prime's eye. He held up his hand to stop her and her eyebrows raised slightly. He had different plans for her and she wouldn't be joining the rest of the pilots in their training. Well, she was special after all, so she didn't blame him if he had more advanced training set up for her.

    Though as she stood back and waited, she noticed a trend. With each group that he sectioned off, one of each remained. Veira took notice that Amir was also left standing without the rest of his group. She watched as the rest was sorted and the others went off to do simulation training. Good, she thought. That stuff was boring anyway. She much preferred the real thing. A computer screen just didn't do it for her.

    "We have a different training style for you, though we'll rotate later. I shall be personally watching this exercise, so you're with me first. No pressure, so lets get to it." The Prime grinned and moved off to another part of the hanger, her and the rest of the hand chosen comrades following his lead. "Live training. In many situations, whether on the attack or assisting those under duress, drop ships are essential tactical vehicles. We will be deploying a few to practice simulated missions where efficient and quick drops are critical." He announced before greeting his animal companion. "Nevertheless, the drop ships won't be the only ones. We will also use a few fighters to act as escorts as well as drop ships of their own. Sometimes improvisation is key and unorthodox methods required."

    Veira nodded in agreement with his statements. That was very much true in cases of battle. Drop ships needed cover, but might as well add to the load if possible. She wondered what her assignment would be. She was the only pilot, so that much was obvious, but would she be piloting an actual drop ship or her own. But before that was decided, the Prime began selecting groups of people again. To which she was paired with Amir. She moved over to him to get ready to follow orders.

    "Use your fighter, Miss Rynn. Find a way to squeeze in your new passenger and prepare for the exercise. Lift off with the drop ships and listen for further orders on the comlink."

    And there it was. She blinked a few times, making sure she heard correctly. Then she glanced over at her training comrade, looking him up and down with an amused look on her face. "Well, it's definitely going to be a tight squeeze... come on." She said and led him off to where her ship was docked. It was sleek with blue and a yellow stripe running through it. As the cockpit view slid forward to allow entrance inside, Veira stepped up on the wing and motioned for Amir to get in. There was a small space behind the pilot's chair in which personal items or anything needed for the ship would be stored. But a 6'2" man? "Oh, wipe your shoes off before getting in..."

    After Veira made sure her friend was tucked safely, if not tightly, in the back of the ship, she stepped inside and strapped up, settling a nearby helmet over her head and fixing any stray hairs in the process. "All set back there?" She called back and waited for a reply before shutting the door. The drop ships that were being used in this exercise began taking off then. She toggled several gears and switches, feeling the engine rumble to life. Gently, the ship lifted from the ground, following the other ships' leads and awaiting further commands from her comlink, as directed.

    "Hope we don't go into space. You know I can't see in the dark, right?"

    Tag: @greyjedi125 and @Darth_Elu
    Dioskouros, greyjedi125 and Darth_Elu like this.
  15. greyjedi125 Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Apr 29, 2002
    star 5
    IC: Amir T’ekoah
    The Stargazer’s Hall, Odessen

    The Celestial Prime was dividing all who had attended into groups for the training exercise. Oryx barked at Amir, querying him.

    “Well, you can wait here until I get back. This shouldn't take too long.” Amir informed his animal companion with a chuckle, to which he received curt huffing bark in response.

    “Then we have a deal.”

    With that settled, Amir made his way to the Prime, so he could join the other phalanxes, but found himself being redirected. He would be part of a ‘live training’ exercise. The korun nodded, intrigued by what was being proposed.

    Combat drop practice.

    That was going to be interesting, considering the standing Varmiri Navy.

    In short order, Amir found out that he was paired with the Hapan female: Veira. From what he was told, she was an Ace Pilot, which meant, her skills inside a starfighter were greater than his, after all, he was a phalanx- an infantry warrior. His own piloting skills were merely decent.

    Amir gave Veira a welcoming nod once she joined him, as the Prime explained the exercise. It all seemed simple enough until they reached Veira’s ship. Amir side-glanced Veira’s blue and yellow striped space vehicle, giving it a dubious look. Clearly, her ship was a one seater.

    ‘ It’s definitely going to be a tight squeeze…’ Veira had commented just moments ago. Now he knew what she meant.

    The blue starfighter’s cockpit slid forward, allowing access into it. Amir took a look inside at the cramped space behind the pilot’s seat and shook his head lightly. Veira was motioning for him to get in.

    “Oh, wipe your shoes off before getting in…” The Hapan female instructed.

    Amir looked at the full set of armor he wore, then at his feet. With a sigh, he walked over to a mat and cleaned his feet as well as he could, hoping it would be enough to satisfy the Hapan pilot. He briefly wondered if she would insist on such practices during an emergency situation.

    Taking a breath, Amir relaxed and proceeded to climb into the cramped space. He loosened any and all tension in his body, so he could better fit in the space available. Getting in would be challenging, but what he was mainly concerned about was how he would get out. In his mind, the korun believed he already happened upon a solution to his dilemma. A combat drop needed to be speedy and efficient, lest both pilot and warrior met an untimely end.

    Finally, he was in. Amir was seated in fetal position, but his body was relaxed and his breathing slow and rhythmic, despite becoming a humanoid ball encased in armor.

    “All set back there?” Veira called back once she had taken her place as the pilot.

    “Yes.” Amir managed to breathe out.

    Inside a moment, Amir felt the ship begin to rise. The rumble of its engines were going right through him and causing his armor to vibrate in several places.

    “Hope we don’t go into space. You now I can’t see in the dark right?”

    “You don’t need your eyes.” Amir responded evenly, but with mild surprise. “Use your onboard sensors and trust in the force.”


    Tag: @spacelady, @Darth_Elu
  16. Dioskouros Jedi Youngling

    Member Since:
    Mar 16, 2017
    Present

    ~Main Courtyard, Shado Temple, Odessen~

    The two Nautolan Mentors watched quietly, their thoughts silent,

    as in an instant, Elda, coming out of Force Stealth, descended from the air right atop the 2 Thaumaturges,
    stunning them to the ground with a skillful doubleblow to the back of both their heads using her Phrik Electrostaff;
    her fellow adherent's bodies motionless, effectively passed out, in a swift motion she turned the staff off and
    imbued it with potent Force--using Force Density, she struck both practice droids, shattering them to destruction.

    All that time, she had combined her skill in Force Projection, projecting an illusionary image of herself that the Ravagers
    thought they were fighting, while her true self had been in Stealth all along, set to pounce on the busy, unwary healers;

    Her approach had succeeded, her trap sprung, a beautifully executed tactic.
    Staff at the ready, this time in a Soresu stance, she looked toward the Nautolan siblings.


    ~Rethgarion Jungles, Odessen~

    Having detected toxins within the flowers, the ones immediately surrounding their group were telekinetically cut with immense speed;
    he only left one standing, a ways off, proceeding to take a direct sample from it for further research of the plant--and to add the new toxin to his collection.

    <Seeker, the group was surrounded by toxic flowers--I've cut the ones in our immediate surroundings,
    left one standing to take samples and if any others wish, for removing the flower itself, for safekeeping, re-planting and repopulation.
    I do not wish the death of any more of its sisters--I suggest we keep away from them, a safe distance. Or should I continue with the trimming?>

    As he telepathically asked his Mentor, he answered to the Ambassador with a 'So be it' and a nod,
    as he kept hovering over the moss, right on his side, ready to respond to any threat.
    Scanning and sensing everything as they went,
    the probes kept it all in check employing a mile-wide coverage of the exploration party.

    Vertumnus had only one thought--The Living Force, there and now, connecting all.


    TAG: @Darth_Elu
    Last edited by Dioskouros, May 15, 2017
    Darth_Elu likes this.
  17. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

    Member Since:
    Apr 13, 2001
    star 7
    IC: Valieri Eross
    Salis D'aar, Bakura

    3 ABY

    Her ears buzzed with the relentless white noise generated by the crowd; her vision had become a blur. The only thing she was acutely aware of was the fact that she was falling. If she happened to hit the ground, it would be over. The panicked mob would soon consume her and bury her alive beneath their stampeding feet. At the moment, the only real instinct she had, was to stay alive. She knew she could not use the Force – had been ordered not to – and yet, it seemed like her only hope for survival…

    But before Val could blow her cover by blatantly disobeying orders, a pair of strong arms looped around her torso and halted her forward motion. A quiet gasp escaped her lips as she jerked her neck back to see what or whom had grabbed her. Had she been saved or simply thrust deeper into the clutches of the enemy?

    Her fears were quickly vanquished; standing over her with his tall frame silhouetted against the radiant sky was Gav. Without a moment’s hesitation, she was twisting in his grip so that they were face to face. Their eyes met briefly before she buried her face into his chest, taking a moment to recollect herself and to wipe away any lingering fear that still clung to her countenance.

    Gav was her mentor, her confidant…and perhaps, something much, much more.

    "Are you all right, Val?" his voice, laced with a subtle accent, was barely audible above the din of the crowd. Val had to really focus to make out the words.

    “I’m…I’m fine,” she stammered after a moment, drawing in a deep breath as she pulled away to glance up into his face. She noted that he looked rather haggard, his wavy hair was unkempt and trailing wildly into the wind, and he had dark circles beneath his stormy eyes. There even seemed to be more gray in his hair than she remembered. If not for the perilous situation they were facing, she would have smiled; it made him look distinguished.

    Brushing that thought aside, she forced her mind back into focus. “It was just overwhelming, everyone is so panicked, so—“

    She trailed off as she felt the anguish of the others wash over her, causing her to shudder. Fortunately, Gav was right there to over guidance. “We've got to get you out from this crowd! Where's that hawk of yours?"

    That…was a very good question. Snuia was her animal companion, a casting hawk with an eccentric personality. Sometimes she felt as if he was half-human himself, which accounted for his selective hearing and his penchant for getting into trouble. Now that Gav had brought up the subject, she realized that she hadn’t seen him since this morning, when she had gone out for a quick hike to allow him to hunt.

    Val pursed her lips and gave Gav a worried look. “Let me call him. There’s no guarantee that he’ll listen, but it’s worth a try…”

    Placing two fingers into her mouth, she unleashed a whistle with three distinct notes, the high-pitched trill rising above the clamor of the crowd.

    TAG: @Darth_Elu
    Dioskouros and Darth_Elu like this.
  18. Darth_Elu Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Jan 2, 2003
    star 6
    OOC: Be careful of auto-hitting and dictating outcomes on one's own, please.

    Present Time: 5 ABY

    ~Gon-Ba Forest, Odessen~

    Yoree'na grinned at the yuzzem's words as they quietly moved about the darker depths of the forest.

    "Wise and quite true. I didn't realize you were such a poet as well, Ran."

    Nevertheless they made their way through the oppressive silence and in a few moments, the adherent decided on an answer to the twi'lek mentor's recent question.

    "Then that way we shall go," she responded, her voice naturally hushed in this area as well.

    And so they did. The forest remained unchanging for quite some time. Ten minutes? Fifteen? Twenty or more? It felt like it was becoming increasingly hard to tell even the passage of time in here.

    As they silently moved along, there started to appear dark flowers (perhaps red if viewed in light) growing on vines wrapped around some of the trees. Despite the situation they were in, they were in full bloom and defiantly thriving in the lightless reaches of Gon-Ba.

    Something about them felt significant in some way, but it was hard to pinpoint the exact meaning. It was fuzzy, hard to discern. Caught somewhere between the typical ranges of benevolent and malevolent, much like Ran had described some time previous.

    To investigate or bypass was the question, as well as even if nature's flowers on Odessen were neither good nor bad…in this place it still felt like it leaned one way or another. But which way was it?

    "As you well know, nature holds many secrets. Some benign and others best avoided. Tread lightly unless you wish me to possibly have to save your neck again," his master warned with a wink.

    Tag: @Mitth_Fisto

    ~Twenty Miles out from Hararel Basin, Odessen~

    While Veira and Amir interacted with another and finally rose out of the hangar bay, they would notice about three other fighters and three moderate sized drop ships launch with them. The coordinates given for the rendezvous point to start the exercise was given to be some distance away, about twenty miles out from Hararel Basin. The closest landmark to where they were being pointed to. It was a large depression, or valley of sorts, in the ground that shaped almost like a perfect ring with high cliffs on all sides with about eight different jagged-shaped canyons leading in and out of it from outside the basin. It was roughly six miles in diameter, so of a good size.

    It was visited often by the Shado Varmiri settlers and used for a variety of purposes, though it was all for the Navy today.

    Prime Krazh's voice appeared over the com as they all reached the starting location.

    "Drop Team, you're all in position. Good. As you may have guessed, we're centering this exercise in Hararel basin. You have ten seconds from the moment I stop talking to get yourselves into any particular formation you want. Or none at all, that's up to you. Now, get yourselves to the basin and drop our warriors to the ground safely as quickly and efficiently as you can.

    "And before you think that's all there is, as I'd be bored to tears otherwise, we have a Defense Team set up for you. Seven fighters quietly chosen as well as some of our ground forces, all setting up a light laser system that will send readings of where you're hit by them without doing damage. Your ships have also been outfitted with a system, take a look and you'll see if you haven't already. Switch over and then await my order to begin. Needless to say, they'll be aiming to slow you down or completely stop you. My advice is to keep communication open."

    It took a moment to register, but the Prime had suddenly stopped speaking. Not a pause. The ten seconds were already underway! Once that time passed and the pilots picked their positioning however they chose hastily, the t'surr's voice rang out again.

    "Begin!"

    The ships of the Drop Team surged toward Hararel Basin, with no sign of the opposing Defense Team yet.

    Tag: @spacelady @greyjedi125

    ~Main Courtyard, Shado Temple, Odessen~

    Within mere moments, two healers were down and out and two of the healing dummies were destroyed irreparably. The defending ravagers had to look behind them with a sudden confused expression as fighting paused except in a few spots.

    "Nice tactical awareness and display," calmly mused Pazas. However, his face was impassive, though a slight nod was given to Elda.

    His sister, Dhemulrih, was a bit harder in expression by comparison. "However, live strikes are allowed but restraint must still be exercised. We now have two destroyed dummies that will have to be replaced and a couple of fully unconscious adherents. A demonstration of simple overpowering will suffice next time."

    "We understand that your background before the Varmiri was a bit…harsher and liberal in execution of power, so this will take getting used to I understand," Pazas interjected again with a more understanding tone, "So well done. But yes, as Dhemulrih states. Lets be careful."

    By this point the fighting had all ended with varied outcomes among them and the two unconscious adherent had to be carried over to the side and gently revived through the Force but asked to sit out to make sure there was no lingering injury. This was to be expected in combat drills, but proper care had to be taken as well.

    "Switch! Dervishes, its time to be on guard. Get into position!"

    Tag: @Dioskouros

    ~Rethgarion Jungles, Odessen~

    The response to Vertumnus was swift and precise from his mentor.

    <Very well. That is good observation and advice, my adherent. I will make certain that the word is spread throughout the group and we avoid the plants. I am sure our botanists will enjoy having new species to study as well.>

    The Ambassador paused everyone momentarily as he and others listened and sensed around them. The shi'ido's senses and probes would concur with what they were getting as well. Not far from their estimated destination now, perhaps a mile at most.

    "Almost there, everyone!" the bothan exclaimed.

    Seeker Cen quietly connected with Vertumnus again a few seconds later. <If first contact with any natives are made this trip, do you still plan on taking up a bodyguard position for the Ambassador or will you shift your stance?>

    The miraluka was curious what the man would say. It could be telling. Or not. It all depended.

    Tag: @Dioskouros (Head to the Shado Varmiri Fan Club and roll a single d20 dice to determine potential Force Vision)

    The Past: 3 ABY

    ~Greengarde, Firrerre~

    Gav, also known as Mentor Jendob to some, kept his gaze pinned on Valieri once more as she replied unsteadily. His mouth was set in a thin line as he listened to her words. He never did like hearing or seeing her in distressing situations. And being her master as well, he had to make sure she sometimes experienced them.

    Ha. He made a terrible master in his opinion. But. There were benefits that had been discovered over time that made it worthwhile in his personal opinion. Admiration of the woman in his arms would have to wait though. Crisis mode was in full effect.

    Rubbing her back idly with one hand for a moment, he leaned in and spoke so she could hear better.

    "I understand. It's a mess, all of it. This chaos is literally everywhere from what I've been hearing. But we need to pull through, just…just remember your training. If you have trouble, feel the Force and let it calm you. If you have trouble with that…well, that's what I'm here for."

    A small sense of calm did wash over the woman then, obviously from the one who had helped her to her feet. In more ways than one. Giving a wry and hasty smile, he then looked to the skies as Val called for her hawk.

    "It'll be hard to hear a whistle over all this madness," he warned.

    And then Snuia appeared cresting over some of the rooftops not far in front and to the left of them, bending wing to angle toward them swiftly. A screech, felt more than heard, came from him.

    "Damnable bird. He lives to prove me wrong, even now," shaking his head Gav looked at Valieri again, "Keep close and focus on the bond between the two of you. It's another way to keep moving through this. Work together, maybe have people follow him as a discernible marker toward the military base."

    Faltering a bit, he noticed the Hapan woman still nearby, possibly having trouble with the crowds as well. The Mentor moved to help if that was the case.

    "Are you going to be all right? Do you need any aid?"

    Tag: @HanSolo29 @spacelady
    Last edited by Darth_Elu, May 16, 2017
    greyjedi125 and Dioskouros like this.
  19. Mitth_Fisto Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Sep 29, 2005
    star 6
    Present Time: 5 ABY
    IC: Randolpho
    ~Gon-Ba Forest, Odessen~

    Yoree'na grinned at his words as they quietly moved about the darker depths of the forest.

    "Wise and quite true. I didn't realize you were such a poet as well, Ran."

    "You know me Master, always stick my nose into different things." he murmured with a hushed grin. Nevertheless they made their way through the oppressive silence and in a few moments, the adherent decided on an answer to the twi'lek mentor's recent question.

    "Then that way we shall go," she responded, her voice naturally hushed in this area as well.

    And so they did. The forest remained unchanging for quite some time. Ten minutes? Fifteen? Twenty or more? It felt like it was becoming increasingly hard to tell even the passage of time in here. True Ran could just pull out a chrono or a pad and check on the time, but what did that matter to him? It never mattered to his companion, when was hungry they were hungry, when was tired one slept, and so on and so on. Part of the simple lessons he learned from his Grish.

    As they silently moved along, there started to appear dark flowers (perhaps red if viewed in light) growing on vines wrapped around some of the trees. Despite the situation they were in, they were in full bloom and defiantly thriving in the lightless reaches of Gon-Ba.

    Something about them felt. . .important somehow. Why was something the Force and the forest were not forth coming about, not even which way they fell. Friend or foe. Caught somewhere between the typical ranges of benevolent and malevolent, much like Ran had described some time previous.

    To investigate or bypass was the question, as well as even if nature's flowers on Odessen were neither good nor bad…in this place it still felt like it leaned one way or another. But which way was it?

    "As you well know, nature holds many secrets. Some benign and others best avoided. Tread lightly unless you wish me to possibly have to save your neck again," his master warned with a wink.

    "Yes, wouldn't want that." he chuffed as he stared at the flowers. What to do, what not to do. Taking a moment he tried to remember his basic introduction to poisons and herbs, color meant little or it could mean a lot. So nothing there. Using the Force to enhance his already good senses of sight and smell, he stayed back from the flowers but tried to determine the type of odor they gave, carnivorous plants tended to emit rotting smells for bugs, sweet meat for predators, sweet earth for herbivores.

    If it was a 'normal' plant it should straddle several sweet or sour notes purely for pollination. Also he might see some insects nearby doing just that. A patch this large surely wouldn't be unattended by nature with a bounty this large of blossoms, and if carnivorous or poisonous there might be evidence he could spot. Whether bodies, marks on the ground or something. If nothing he would simply try to pluck a single flower and bring it to himself to store for future study from the farthest vine from any others.

    Tag: @Darth_Elu
    Dioskouros and Darth_Elu like this.
  20. Ktala Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Tazula
    ~Commercial District, Laheron, Odessen~


    Tazula was beginning to worry, just a tiny bit. While Mentor Votrek did have a playful streak, he was usually not this long into making his presence known. She kept looking about, as she expanded her senses, searching for him. Still, nothing.

    She stopped, as the Low Archon paused and turned to the group. "Alright. Everything has gone well so far, as expected. Lets split into groups to make up ground faster and thank you again for your help. Lets keep to just two mentor- adherent pairs, I think that should suffice for patrol size today."

    "About what I thought," mused Tashi's mentor. "Alright then. Tazula, why don't you come with Tashi and I. Should be more fun that way." Tazula gave a brief look around her, before she nodded. "Sounds good." she said with a slight smile.

    The codru-ji woman took a swift look around while the others began grouping together, "Shall we stay in this area, head for the town hall, or go to the outskirts? Your choice." Tazula looked over at her friend. The commercial district was huge. But interesting. The outskirts were also interesting, but a bit of a distance. But with Master Votrek still missing.. Tazula's lekku went straight.

    "Well Mentor, unless Tashi has another preference, I would rather stay in the commercial distric. At least, until we hear from Mentor Votrek." Tazula made a face.

    "Im not sensing Mentor Votrek at all." she added.

    She turned her head, and continued to sweep the area around them for her missing Mentor.



    Tag: @Darth_Elu, @Mikaboshi


    -Flashback-


    ~First Defense Line near the Grand Falls, Firrerre~


    Tazula quickly gave off a few orders that were quickly carried out. Three of the soldiers moved down to take up sniping positions, as she suggested. As she mentioned thermal detonators, one of them spoke out.

    "We've only got one left down here," remarked one. "Shall we use it or hold it?" asked a second Vamiri .

    Tazula was quick to answer. "Hold it. Wait until they get almost into detonator range before you use it. Just in case they try to do the same to us. Hopefully, we'll have some more backup before that happens."

    Tazula stood up, to deliver a few more rifle blasts, when they noticed a large platoon of stormtroopers rushing straight for them. And a few other groups, elsewhere down the line as well. If they started firing at them, they would not be able to give counter fire. They had to act fast! Poodo!

    "Dont let them pin us down! Strafe fire. Get them pinned down, or they will over run us!" Again, Tazula gave a dark grin. Large platoons of stormtroppers in the open, meant she could use her diskblades again. "Shoot and move. But dont get too far apart from each other. We want a wall of bolts between us and them!

    Tazula was quite aware of the AT-ATs, but right now, they had to focus on the more immediate threat. With a roar, Tazula launched her diskblades once more, and then began to fire in rapid succession. She moved only slightly, to catch and resend out her blades once more. And when there were no blades in her hands, she was blasting away
    like mad, along with the other Vamiri, making sure the scum that attacked them would feel the pain. And more. There was no place for the scum to hide. And she would make sure, they would feel their bite.

    Till there were no more left standing.




    Tag: @Darth_Elu
    Dioskouros and Darth_Elu like this.
  21. Dioskouros Jedi Youngling

    Member Since:
    Mar 16, 2017
    Past

    ~Ruins of Karetoki Village, Rattatak~

    Fascinating.

    -'Indeed. There is always Hope.

    What I meant to say is, that you are surrounded by a battalion's worth of firepower nonetheless.
    I suggest you dispose of any plans of escape. I assure you,
    you will not.

    Your mastery, you've made apparent.
    Your alignment, is what I wonder at'-

    First that flight by way of the Force, an apparent light-side improvement upon grey-dark Levitation,
    and now Force Lightning, but coming from one clearly not of the Sith nor the Dark Jedi;
    Electric Judgement, a most unique ability, one that required mastering the line between the light and the grey,
    one that spoke of those that mastered not only the Force,
    but Justice itself,

    nevermind the woman's expert use of Tutaminis--she had used the liberation of his power to their advantage,

    and they had both remained,
    calm. Ready. Defiant.

    United.

    There was more, far more to this duo.

    The Force bond was evident.

    -'It is clear this encounter has been dictated by the Force.
    We meet not by coincidence, but by design,
    one we can surely fathom together.

    Stand down'-said Yperion outloud, making a downward gesture with his hand, clearly directed at his troops.

    -'You are no Jedi, no Sith, this is clear.
    Yet I am inclined to go beyond Force organizations as they are,

    and must ask, in good faith,

    Do you Love the Woman in your arms?'-


    A far, far lighter aura now irradiated from the High Inquisitor.
    Having achieved the pinnacle of power, both in the Force and in Galactic reality, he no longer vied for it:
    He seeked Understanding. What he sought now, was Wisdom. A higher calling for all he had been granted.


    Present

    ~Main Courtyard, Shado Temple, Odessen~

    Wordless, her gaze fixed on both Mentors as they spoke,

    "So well done. But yes, as Dhemulrih states. Lets be careful."

    she straightened her Electrostaff, resting the lower end on the floor.

    "Switch! Dervishes, it's time to be on guard. Get into position!"-called Dhemulrih in her customary tone,
    as Elda simply walked toward a group where a couple of Thaumaturges had not been reached.

    She stood right aside them,
    ready as ever.

    Truth was, she was enjoying herself.
    The rush she felt when being able to let go of the control over her fury, unleashing her anger, brief moments of violence as they were,
    was intense.
    Intoxicating. And so wonderfully exhilarating.


    ~Rethgarion Jungles, Odessen~

    The Ambassador stopped the group a moment as they listened and sensed around them.
    The Shi'ido's senses and probes would concur with what they were getting as well.
    Not far from their estimated destination now, perhaps a mile at most.

    "Almost there, everyone!" the Bothan exclaimed.

    <If first contact with any natives is made in this trip, do you still plan on taking up a bodyguard position for the Ambassador, or will you shift your stance?>

    Vertumnus' connection to the Force was, deep to say the least--this was something the experienced Seeker clearly sensed.

    As the armored adherent meditated for a moment,
    he removed his maskhelm,
    a young, dark-haired man of no more than 23 winters,
    to breathe in the air, and the Force, as he sensed in turn.

    -'I choose to remain close to the Ambassador, Mentor.'-

    Seldom did he intone the Miraluka's Varmiri rank.
    Those, were the moments of complete Focus.


    TAG: @Darth_Elu
    Last edited by Dioskouros, May 19, 2017
    Darth_Elu likes this.
  22. Darth_Elu Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Jan 2, 2003
    star 6
    OOC: Just updating some right now, with Part 2 for the other parts hopefully tomorrow!

    Present Time: 5 ABY

    ~Gon-Ba Forest, Odessen~

    Yoree'na watched quietly after her warning, letting Ran come to a decision about what to do or not do with the flowers that stood out in more ways than one. The yuzzem seemed to hang back, seemingly smelling from a distance. His species was good with his nose, but she could tell he was enhancing it further. Not a bad idea.

    Would it help here however? He'd have to find out.

    The smell came sweet and pleasant, like a rose or other cherished plant, in a decidedly 'neutral' fashion. Neither too earthy nor too 'meat-like'. And by no means anything unpleasant like rot.

    His eyes would pick out no visiblee marks on the ground of any kind aside from their own passage and no bodies. Yet no insects clung nearby that he could see. That was peculiar.

    Should he still pick the flower, he would store it safely with no issue and seemingly no adverse reactions from anywhere. Should he not…then nothing happened at all. Their importance was truly an oddity in the Force. They seemed so significant, yet nothing at all appeared special about them in any way. And nothing seemed to react uniquely either.

    Putting her hands on her hips and playfully toeing the ground with her foot, his twi'lek mentor eyed him with one eye closed. "Are we going to admire the flowers all day, hm? I know I've taught you to slow down and smell the roses before, but this might be a much right now…"

    She grinned while Hurra hopped down from her shoulders at last, stretched, and began walking about calmly, sniffing the air herself without a care in the world.

    Tag: @Mitth_Fisto (Giving @greyjedi125 just a little more time to reply before moving past scene along)

    ~Commercial District, Laheron, Odessen~

    Shahassa nodded understandingly toward Tazula. However, her eyebrow raised at her mentor.

    "You're being unusually quiet, Tashi," she remarked casually before looking about herself. "Seeing as I don't sense Mentor Votrek either, we'll stay in the commercial district. Though I don't feel any danger about, so I wouldn't be overly concerned."

    The codru-ji woman frowned. "Perhaps he has something extra special in store. In any event, lets start our patrol and get this over with. He'll appear soon, I'm sure of it."

    She nudged them along in no particular direction and began the continued tedious walking of the small city. For now, the day looked to be a long, dull one.

    Tag: @Ktala @Mikaboshi (Both of you proceed to do a single d20 Roll for potential Force Visions in the Fan Club. PM me if you need a link.)

    The Past: 3 ABY

    ~Ruins of Karetoki Village, Rattatak~

    At first the fascinating duo continued to fly about the air, testing those who would pursue them, clearly not intimidated. Battalions of enemies or not. Either that, or they were masters at keeping their emotions well in hand.

    Either truth was impressive in and of itself.

    However, as the High Inquisitor responded, they too slowed after some consideration and seemed to hover in the air, now facing in his direction fully.

    <Even a pebble on the sand may yet defy the ocean swallowing it up. Futile or not, you have brought force to us. We will attempt escape regardless of our chances, should it end in failure: We will meet force with force without hesitation. Imminent death or not, we have our own honor to uphold and will not lose it here. To anyone.>

    There was a pause as they listened to the rest of Yperion's words. This time, it was the woman who responded from mind to mind.

    <You are right. We are no Jedi nor are we Sith, resistant to both. And glad of it! As for your question…what does it matter to you? If you must know, the truth of it is, yes. We are in love, and as such, will resist beyond our limits.>

    The man jumped in again while it was clear the woman had a bit more 'fire' in her spirit whereas her male counterpart was the 'rock.' <We can not tell you our alignment, not really. We gaze beyond such concepts. There is more to life, more to the Force, than the Blinding Light of the Jedi faith or the abysmal Darkness of the Sith. If you wish to know where we lay in such a spectrum, you'll have to test it for yourself.>

    The first kernel of a new perspective. A new branch of overarching wisdom had begun to present itself and sprout in the Inquisitor's sight. What he would truly perceive of it currently and how he responded was yet to be seen.

    Tag: @Dioskouros
    Last edited by Darth_Elu, May 25, 2017 at 3:43 AM
    greyjedi125, Ktala and Dioskouros like this.
  23. greyjedi125 Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Apr 29, 2002
    star 5
    IC: Amir T’ekoah

    Battle of Firrerre
    3 ABY- The Howling Forests

    BRACE YOURSELVES!” the War Prime boomed at the top of his lungs.

    Inside that single moment in time, the battle was engaged and everything changed. Nothing would ever be the same.

    Amir felt his adrenalin surge fiercely through him, yet he remained focused and in control, taking-in even breaths all the while. His blue-grey eyes surveyed his surroundings, informing him of the enemy positions. He saw the AT-ATs, the AT-STs, noted their position and their relative speed. He heard the screaming starfighters flying overhead. They seemed so close, he imagined he could reach up and pluck them from mid-air.

    The thunderous roar of howling Rancors, shouting Varmiri brethren, Blasting AA Guns, mixed with all kinds of explosions, threatened to overwhelm his auditory senses, yet he prevailed. The ground beneath his feet shook from the magnitude of the conflict.

    Focused. He would remain focused.

    Through the Force he could sense his fellow Varmiri brethren. All united in a single purpose. To defend. To survive.

    I am the Defender of the True Way

    With a smooth motion, Amir pivoted. He was moving diagonally now, facing against the greater number of enemy forces. Peripherally, he could see both Mentor Feerum and Ran. With unequivocal purpose, his two handed vibe blade was lifted. Let the enemy come and bring their fight. No matter what happened next, they would taste the mettle of Varmiri steel -and it would not be found wanting.


    Tag: @Darth_Elu

    OOC: Thanks for being patient, Oh gracious GM. :)
    Dioskouros, Mitth_Fisto and Darth_Elu like this.
  24. Darth_Elu Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Jan 2, 2003
    star 6
    OOC: Update Pt. 2!

    Present Time: 5 ABY

    ~Main Courtyard, Shado Temple, Odessen~

    As Elda repositioned herself in a defensive stance in front of some healers along with the other Dervishes, the ravagers readied themselves some distance away. They had no stealth abilities for the most part, of course. But the looks on their faces said it all.

    Confidence. Eager. They were on the attack now. In their mind. It was their turf now.

    They arrayed themselves in a line rather than surrounding the group after a moment of consultation between themselves. Any moment now they would surge forward in an offensive that would surely prove formidable.

    Question was. When and where along it would come for her? For now, she could only analyze and wait.

    Tag: @Dioskouros & Mystery Challenger (A new entrant who shall soon grace us all with their presence…for now, they will simply be reading in the shadows until their official tag)

    ~Rethgarion Jungles, Odessen~

    <Exactly what I wanted to hear.>

    Seeker Cen clearly approved of Vertumnus' response. And something else seemed to approve of him. The Force itself.

    They walked forward as a group, but while his body moved forward, his mind was temporarily elsewhere. A call from the Force. A vision.

    Branches and large jungle undergrowth parted out of the way from their hands and finally they came into a large clearing that stretched for miles. And before them….

    Buildings. Old buildings, but of technological origin all the same. A number of the Shado Varmiri halted in their footsteps, mouths agape in wonder. No one had any idea any of this was here! What was this place? There were no signs of people though that they could discern from first glance and then….

    And then the bronze spear pierced Ambassdor Akre'ya from the side, killing him instantly. His life snuffed out like a tiny flame. Vertumnus' was for a single instant in shock and bewildered.

    How had he not sensed anything? Even with the loss of most of his power after joining the Varmiri due to that special session with Prime Sorkas months ago, he should have felt it!

    Pandemonium erupted as a large shadow loomed over the shi'ido as he turned to face the enemy.

    A giant st---

    The vision ended. Was it truth? Fiction merely telling a warning? It was too hard to say as the Force never gave a straight answer.

    He felt his mentor's force gaze upon him as they continued forward. Not far from their destination now.

    "What is it?" he asked as he physically approached his adherent from behind.

    Either way, the shi'ido could feel he didn't have much time before they discovered the meaning behind the vision he had just received.

    Tag: @Dioskouros

    The Past: 3 ABY

    ~First Defense Line, Firrerre~

    The soldiers listened to Tazula completely. They shot and moved, just as she did with both rifle and disc blades. Their strafing went with devastating effect as there was nowhere to run or hide for the stormtroopers. They went down by the dozens, especially with the rest of the defense line also hastily defending from further down.

    But they were just as determined. They kept coming without slowing down. The Shado Varmiri were buying time, but there was no illusion as to that was all they were doing. Still as the enemy began returning fire, the Varmiri kept up their own.

    A telepathic communication suddenly reached itself into the twi'lek woman's mind.

    <Tazula. It's me,> her mentor naturally, <Some of us are having trouble on the opposite side of the line. I need to assist them, hold out without me a while longer! General Fourd should be with you soon though.>

    To punctuate the simple challenge of holding out however, she received a blaring danger sense in the Force. Then her sight picked it up, the Force seemingly slowing them down for just a moment so she could visually perceive them.

    Two AT-ATs had opened fire at her and her group's position! Two primary cannon laser blasts were incoming. If they were hit with it, there was no way they'd survive. One was streaking toward her with blazing speed, the other further behind her by a bit and at the bulk of those with her. She wouldn't have much time to react or say anything, only figure out what she wanted to do.

    Better decide and fast!

    Tag: @Ktala

    ~The Counter Offensive, Firrerre~

    It took only a matter of seconds at that point. They were halfway to the enemy contingent, blaster fire beginning to erupt from Varmiri guns straight into the Imperials, when they finally noticed them fully.

    The Imperial soldiers dashed about for any kind of cover they could get, spreading out and returning fire to the incoming rancors, speeders, and rushing Shado Varmiri. An AT-ST swiftly turned around and began opening up with its own defensive attack. One Varmiri speeder exploded brilliantly before they got close. The other walkers and some of the troops just kept moving, though they seemed to slow to keep an eye on what was going on.

    Their own speeder weaved and bobbed amid the gunfire raining down upon them and jolting violently with fire spewing out from the port side right next to Amir.

    "NOW!" roared Mentor Feerrum.

    Just like that, he was leaping out off the speeder, sword flashing in the sun and cutting down a stormtrooper they had been rushing by before spinning effortlessly to kick down another soldier who was promptly shot by another Varmiri colleague from somewhere.

    But there were many more stormtroopers all around the keshiri master and he would not all the help he could get.

    The rancors plowed into the Imperial line, scattering troopers everywhere as they were stomped on, scooped up and tossed mercilessly, and otherwise scared into Varmiri weapons. The closest AT-ST to them promptly faced them and quickly began a deadly dance a ways off with one of the creatures. The other two rushed in on the gigantic AT-AT, but the other two AT-STs quickly converged and their cannon fire forced them back.

    As madness and the chaos of battle raged everywhere, the AT-AT's head finally started to slowly turn their direction…

    But they had too many immediate problems to worry about that. Yet.

    Tag: @Mitth_Fisto @greyjedi125 (Begin trashing those Imps! Within reason of course)
    Last edited by Darth_Elu, May 26, 2017 at 2:10 AM
    greyjedi125 and Dioskouros like this.
  25. Master Vo'Un'Var Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Mar 19, 2017
    star 3
    GM APPROVED
    [IMG]
    Lorvis as a cyborg without helmet/mask
    [IMG]

    Lorvis with Helmet, Cyborg
    Name: Lorvis Daronith
    Race: Zabrak Nightbrother
    Gender: Male
    Age: 34
    Hair Color: NONE, Has horns
    Eye Color: Yellow-Orange
    Height & Build: 6ft 4" Strong-build.
    Other Physical Attributes: Cyborg up to face, Wears a mask sometimes
    Force Sensivity: Yes
    Companion: NONE
    Personal Ship: NONE
    Family: Mordred and Ildred Daronith
    Birthplanet: Dathomir
    Bio:
    IC- Lorvis Daronith -The Bio Chronicles
    Zabrak Village, Dathomir

    "What is going on, Guard?"
    Lorvis stood on the watch tower, looking down at the snowy path leading down the high mountain and into the clouds, He was with a guard, On the old, wooden Watchtower poised above the wall on long wooden stands.
    "Nightsisters..."
    The guard muttered these words carefully
    "Nightsisters? What do they want with us?"
    Lorvis looked down, Ah, There, Nightsisters. What were they doing here?

    "Have you heard that the Clone Wars has ended?"
    A drawling voice wafted up from the gates.
    "No, the news did not arrive."
    The guard answered before Lorvis could say anything.
    "Well, We need one of yours..."
    The Nightsister looked up at the Watchtower.
    "The One with you will do..."
    "What!?!"
    The guard spat these words out.
    "But he is our greatest warrior,We need him!"
    "Very Well."

    The Village lay burning before Lorvis's eyes, All of his friends, Family, Were Dead.
    "What do you want..."
    "We want you to be our warrior..."
    "Damn you.... Damn You!"

    Lorvis stood up, Power surged through him, Energy, Muscle....
    The Nightsisters had only recently performed their ritual. He hated them, He stormed out of his chambers to their leader, what ever they called her.
    "You!"
    Lorvis threw open the doors to their Chamber. 2 nightsisters held knifes up to his throat.
    "Ahh, Lorvis."
    "Let me go!"
    Lorvis smashed a fist into one face of the nightsisters, And with his other hand he started strangling the other, The Mother, If that was her title, stepped back, The Nightsisters dropped dead.
    "This is why I was the greatest warrior in the village."
    Lorvis began to Force Choke the Mother, He was unstable in the force,
    "No!"
    A Nightsister burst into the room, Lorvis looked over, But snapping the Mother's neck via. Force, The Nightsister screamed and ran at Lorvis, Drawing two short swords, Lorvis Kicked one out of her hand and snapped the other arm.
    "Revenge!"
    Lorvis spoke these words while strangling the Nightsister.

    Lorvis heard the ship hum as he glided through the inky blackness of space, He looked at the planet ahead of him, Mustafar. Someone had sent a message for him to be there, something about a duel... A Nightsister? Possibly. He had recently robbed an artifact vault containing a Dark Saber and a Force-imbued Katana, He had these with him, The Katana was forged in pure Beskar, So he could use it against Light Sabers.

    He stormed through the abandoned factory, The opponent was supposed to be here but where were they? He sensed something, Behind him, He dodged as a masked figure attacked him, A Night Sister, She was wielding two Beskar Katana's Lorvis ignited the Dark Saber and Unsheathed his Force-Blade. The Battle began, Locked in combat they waltzed around the Factory and out into the open, The Nightsister disarmed the Katana, Taking it for herself, While Lorvis struggled to fight.
    "No!"
    His Dark Saber flew up into the air and onto the ground, He couldn't catch it.
    "No! Leave me alone!"
    The Nightsister kicked him off the cliff they were dueling on and down... Into the Lava...
    "Nooooooo!!!"


    I look at my hands, Metal, My chest, Metal, My Legs, Metal. I hate that Nightsister, I know who it was. It was the one I strangled, But Alive. How? I ask myself the same question. But I know one thing, I will kill her. I will kill her. But now, The Shado Varmiri will show me the way.

    Other stuff in resource thread
    greyjedi125 and Darth_Elu like this.
Moderators: Penguinator, Sinrebirth